96-98 Cobra Hellion Turbo Kit

goat-ee

Established Member
EDIT: SOLD to 01_saleen_s281

I am selling my 96-98 Cobra Hellion Turbo Kit. This came off of my 96 cobra. This kit can be made to fit 99-04 Cobra's and 03/04 Mach 1's with essentially changing only the final piece or two of cold side charge piping that connects to the throttle body. This kit only has around 3,000 miles on it. The turbo is a Turbonetics 62mm. The Hellion front mount intercooler works wonderfully and IAT's stay very low. This kit is already setup with a PMAS blow-thru MAF, (cal'd for 42lb injectors). Anyone that has had one of these kits will tell you, that the only thing Hellion did incorrect on this kit was not giving it a blow-thru MAF from the factory. That little tuning issue has been taken care of. My car started, idled, part throttled and everything else as stock...until it went WOT, and then it flat ripped!!! Practically no turbo lag and pulled like a freight train. After installation, I never had ANY problems at all, the kit was "anvil in a sandbox" reliable.

The kit fit very well and installation went well. The only minor issue is that the downpipe/1 into 2 piping sits low to the ground. It's just part of the design as delivered from Hellion, but in the interest of disclosure I thought that the potential new owner should at least know.

I DO NOT have any dyno numbers after a proper tune. The 1/4 mile time/mph and boost used is in my signature. It has way more potential with a better setup, driver, non-convertible, etc, ect...

It comes with a Greddy type-RS Blow off Valve, Tial 38mm wastegate. An aftermarket K-Member is required, but NOT included. Hellion recommends a UPR K, but I personally had a D&D K and it worked fine. Hellion also has an upgrade to a Maximum Motorsports, so that is another that is proved to work. Any other K, is up to you and fitment is your problem at that point.

I will try to include all bolts/clamps/nuts necessary for installation, but I can't guarantee that you won't need a few bits and pieces here and there, but this a very COMPLETE kit. The original, 96-98 Cobra, color installation instructions are included. That is unusual as the instructions on the new kits are actually for the 99/01 Cobra's, and leave a lot of information out that is very helpful. Downpipe has had a bung welded into it in the perfect spot for a wideband 02 sensor which is great for datalogging.
Some pipes come with header wrap (whatever you see in the pictures you get).

What is NOT included...
* K-Member or A-arms
* Fuel pump
* Fuel injectors
* Tune
* ANYTHING not either listed or in pictures

Ready for shipment upon receipt of payment.

Again, the tune is not included, but Don at Lasota Racing had the car perfectly tuned and i'm sure with his experience on this setup he could take good care of whoever the new owner is!!

The only reason for the sale, is that my son totaled his 97 Cobra and needed a new car. My Cobra hasn't seen 300 miles in the last 2-3 years, so i'm de-modding my car and giving it to him in stockish condition.

UPDATED PRICE ON LAST POST!!!

DSCF1268-1.jpg

DSCF1170.jpg

DSCF1139-1.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1134.jpg

DSCF1123.jpg

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
What a killer deal. I wish i still had my 98

I agree, way less $ than I gave, and the miles are incredibly low!! Completed the de-mod on the car and it will now be in the hands of my college age son. So time to move on, I have my eyes on the following and the extra cash would help finance this.

2011-DucatiDiavelCarbonBlack-Honolulu-HI-1-768_zps0418316c.jpg

And if you know somebody that needs my 2007 KC Choppers custom bike with 1600 miles, or a 2008 Victory Hammer they are both for sale. It's amazing what a guy will do to get a Ducati!!!

IMAG0470_zps8fb78903.jpg

IMG076.jpg

Last edited:

97BlownCobra

Established Member
Interested... Thinking about changing from Vortech to a turbo. I am currently running 60lb injectors and a LMAF. Can the PMAS be used with 60's? Does it come with the oil filter relocation kit as well?

goat-ee

Established Member
I'm still considering this! Seriously! ;)

PM again and lets work it out!!! :beer:

Interested... Thinking about changing from Vortech to a turbo. I am currently running 60lb injectors and a LMAF. Can the PMAS be used with 60's? Does it come with the oil filter relocation kit as well?

Yes the meter can be recalibrated for your 60lb'ers. Here is the link, it costs $100. Pro-M will Recalibrate and Pro-M or Pro Flow Technologies Mass Air Meters, New or Old.

badsn95

Established Member
What is the thickness of the intercooler? 3" or 4"? Wondering how much power it can hold before having to be upgraded. Looking to run a 7675 billet wheel precision

goat-ee

Established Member
What is the thickness of the intercooler? 3" or 4"? Wondering how much power it can hold before having to be upgraded. Looking to run a 7675 billet wheel precision

I have had this question a few times, so I will answer it here in the thread. According to Hellion the 62mm has max of about 600rwhp. The intercooler is 24" x 6" x 3".

Users who are viewing this thread