96-98 Cobra Cam exhaust note

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
Hey guys,
I'm rebuilding my 99 Cobra engine and I'm swapping to 03/04 heads with 96-98 Cobra intake cams and using the 03/04 exhaust cams. I'm going to leave it normally aspirated for a little while I compile parts for the super charger system. Does anyone have a video or link to a what these cams sound like. I've been told that horse power will improve from the factory rated 320 just by switching from the to these cylinder head and cams.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The intake cams are where the power is made. The exhaust cams aren't much different between the years. It's still going to idle and sound like a stock 4V. Look up videos for 96-98 Cobras.

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
That's just terrible. lol! I could always remove a vacuum tube to get that "lope" like I saw an idiot do to a Crown Vic in a YouTube video.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're going to have to go with aftermarket cams to get the lope. And the lobe doesn't really mean it's going to make power. I've seen plenty of engines over 600 with stock cams. My big bore set up was well into the 600's with stock Ford GT cams. Plenty of vacuum and it wasn't a pain in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread