96-98 Cams and what springs??

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
hey guys i will be running 96-98 cobra cams on an 04 longblock. i am running a T76 Hellion Kit.

I want to turn up the boost and at what level do the 03 cobra valve springs start to have float? and because the motor is out should i upgrade to Comp springs and reatiners?

Also with a turbo setup is the 8.5:1 Compression the best to run or would an 11cc dished piston do better with the turbo build?

Thanks in advance guys, im new to the Turbo world :beer::beer::beer:

And i cant wait to smoke some Z06's !!!

prostkr

Established Member
There has been a lot of discussion on compression ratios over on mod fords. Seems most guys are going up into the 9.5 10.0 compression ratio range and seeing big gains in spool and overall performance. This will also play into the cam timing as well. I'm not sure just where the break point for the stock springs is. There are some documented cases of the comps failing. Livernious or another company has specked out some replacements springs that seem to be the hot item right now.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
livernois are good since their seat pressure is higher, can't go over .480" lift but you're not doing that anyways. you also don't need new retainers with them. and just in case you're wondering- titanium retainers are not needed until you cross the 7500+rpm range

Users who are viewing this thread