96-98 B-Head and 03-04 C-Head Differences

Alvey

Established Member
I'm in the process of saving up for essentially a terminator build on my 98 cobra. I was just wondering what the major differences are between the B heads on my car and the C heads from the 03-04 cobras. Also, which would be more suitable for my build? Either way the heads will end up being ported and the cams will be changed out, so, any advice?

chao5.0

Established Member
B head is twin ports, the C head is a single oval shaped port. if its a terminator build then the lower intake will not work with the B heads, it works only with C heads. now if it was a centrifugal or turbo build then I would stick with the B heads.

GRUSE

Established Member
C heads can be found on any 99 and up Continentals for cheep at the local upullit yard.The most knowledgeable source on this or any other modular mustang forum NASVT recommends the C head over the B head,with the numbers to prove it.

You are planning a terminator build very cool.Whats you budget? Take that number and double it our engines are not cheep.Even a reputable machine shop usually take 3x longer than they tell you.May as well plan upgrades to the fuel system transmission and rear end as our cars stock are good to the low 400 hp before parts grenade,don't forget the dyno tune.The nickel dime stuff is what puts the build over budget.

Lot's of guys have done it,plenty of threads here to research and when it's all done successfully the car is a beast. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread