96-96 Cobra K-Member

misterb

Established Member
Who makes a K-Member that doesn't require coil-overs?

I want to swap but keep the old a-arms.

1996_Snake

Built and Blown
Established Member
QA1 does make one that you can use your old A-arms. But if you are going to do it, i suggest doing it all in one shot.
Then its all done.

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
What kind of noise?

Some coilovers tend to be a little noisy, some more then others. Personally I have MMR's coilovers and they do have a little noise but nothing that I would complain about. Seeing that my exhaust is a little loud itself.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The QA1 k-member will wind up moving the position of the wheels if you use the stock a-arms. Something to consider.

The Granatelli works with stock a-arms, but I would never in a millions years put one on my car. Everything I've read about them has been negative.

Personally, I'm going with a PA Racing k-member with stock a-arms here within the next few months. Everything I've read about theirs has been positive, and their customer service was excellent when I contacted them about the product.

03bluemach

Established Member
i had the AJE k member with the stock arms on my mach .. and didnt have any problems .. i went this way cause it was a daily driver, and after riding in my friends car with coilovers ..i went with the stock a-arm setup.. and will be goin the same way with the cobra.. ..the only problem i had was getting the stock arm in it was a tight fit .. had to use a pry bar but after the first side the second side was easy. also the AJE was a very nice unit check their web site ..

misterb

Established Member
Are you trying to save money or you don't want the noise that comes with the coilovers?

Well- the less I spend, the better.

Who carries the AJE K-Member?

Are the mounts an extra cost?

What else (other than the K-Member) has to be used?

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
i did the full upr kit, with some supporting stuff from other kits and its been great, i hate there customer service but the product is fine IMO. I also dive and race on mine pretty much daily . .

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm not trying to disuade you from the AJE k-member but if you're going to street drive the car often you might want to think about it hard before you order it. Searching on the various Mustang websites will show that many people have had issues with street durability of the AJE k-member, and having a problem with welds cracking.

The general consensus on them seems to be that they're more suited primarily for the 1/4 mile track.

03bluemach

Established Member
you can search any k - member product .. and find something bad about it ..but after doing research it was the best choice for me ..m&m also has a nice one, but is alittle pricey the last i looked .. the web site is AJE racing.com

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports can be used with the stock arms but not the stock springs as there are no perches.

AJE is the only one I know of with available perches.. but the cost to get someone to weld in the perches in the correct location may not be cheaper than a set of UPR coilovers.. I have MMR Coilovers on my race car. I have also helped install UPR and MM stuff. I would probably use the UPR or MM on a street car, MM only on a daily driver. Pricey but worth it!

I have installed MM and UPR K members. The MM is stout, but the UPR is a well built piece and very light. Definitely a good value. Their early K members were questionable but the recent ones I've seen I have been impressed with.

Users who are viewing this thread