96 4.6 Gt

PONY MAN

Established Member
Hey guys, any of you own 96 GT'S ?
I thinking about adding a new Pony to be a stall mate to my 88 GT Fox Body Vert.
Just wondering what the performance is like for the 96 GT's ?
Your experience & input is appreciated & needed ! ;-)

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
The wife has a 98 Gt with an 02 PI motor in it with all the bolt ons. It will hold its own against my Cobra. Its a fun car do drive. Go for it if you can get a good deal on one.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
From the factory they are slow, but are still fun to drive. If its a good deal buy it, you can always make it fast :)

PONY MAN

Established Member
trplblacksnake said:
The wife has a 98 Gt with an 02 PI motor in it with all the bolt ons. It will hold its own against my Cobra. Its a fun car do drive. Go for it if you can get a good deal on one.
Cool, this one will be for the wife.
It is mostly stock,except for exhaust & a pulley.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
I dunno, but the thing is the car almost never moves, it's barely ever used, and now the front right is all pushed in. Both right side tires are pushed in.
The hood appears to be GT stock but it's been chipped all over one edge, and it looks like it's fibreglass despite appearing to be a GT hood. It's a convertible however.
I was thinking of making an offer on it myself, even before the accident. But I haven't taken a close look at the damage. From appearances it seems as though that front right tire is pushed in an awful long way...
Suspension damage and possible damage to the frame scares me away from offering. the front right fender has folded like a piece of paper - he hit something hard.
It's also in Vancouver, so with all the repairs and everything, and transport, it might not be worth it....
I can look into it, I assume the car belongs to the people living in the house right there.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I was really looking for a hard top car. I have a truck and trailer so distance isn't much of an issue and Canada is a nice place from what I remember. I am looking for a 96-98 GT, maybe with a popped motor just to play around with and build up slowly. Would need to be a 5-speed and not have tan interior. Thanks for the heads up on that car though. -Mat-

roadwarrior60

Established Member
i had a 96gt at one point, and when i got it i thought it was the coolest and fastest car on the road. then i got the cobra and found out just how wrong i was :thumbsup:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
no problem. took a good look today, and boy, it was somewhat of a mess.
A popped motor huh? You know if you wanted to go with a crate engine a V6 mustang might fulfill your needs... :shrug:

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
If you get a good deal just drop stage II PI heads, intake, and cams in it and that thing will wake up abit. Might work out good that way.

:pop:

PONY MAN

Established Member
SVT F15O said:
Price>???
Man, sounds just like the car that we are looking at.
Hope to close the deal this weekend while I'm off.
My wife is really pumped about it, she likes to drive my GT.
She will love having her own.
Hopefully next year, the Cobra come into play for me.

Users who are viewing this thread