96-04 Mustang/Cobra owners with WORKING cruise control, need your help!

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
So after going through two sets of brand new switches from Ford that tested out of range for two of the buttons. Per AlldataDIY and Mark on here, I have confirmed that I have the correct ohm ranges, which for the switch is a specific resistance +/- 10%. Here is a vid I made on how to test them but all you need is an ohmeter and some alligator clips or the like, and measure the resistance between the two outer pins of the cruise control button connector as you push each button (you have to remove air bag, two 8mm bolts - DISCONNECT BATTERY!) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvRJqa97_c8&feature=youtu.be

In the vid are the ranges that are required for each switch and I'm hoping someone with a working cruise control could confirm that the numbers I have are correct. This is for a 99 but according to Ford its the same switch from 95/96 up through 04.

Info and workflow for people wanting to diagnose their own cruise control problem : www.dbdragster.com/cruise

As I said, I've gone through a used set and two new ones from Ford and they are all very similar, which might suggest they are being manufactured incorrectly (but at least they are consistently wrong :D). Any other ideas are welcome and I appreciate anyone who could do this on their car and post up the resistance values for each button.

Users who are viewing this thread