95R Fuel cell replacement! Who sells these?

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
Well, I can not put if off any longer... Who is giving deals on fuel cell bladders these days?

Thanks for the help!

Troy

Jon B. Quick

Established Member
hollant said:
Well, I can not put if off any longer... Who is giving deals on fuel cell bladders these days?

Thanks for the help!

Troy
I just bought the OEM Fuel Cell from Fuel Safe my cost was about $1,600

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Tony,

I just finished pulling the bladder on my cell and reinstalling it. It is a MAJOR PITA. Work with Mark and send that sucker back to Fuel Safe. You have no idea the hassle you will be saving yourself.

Tom

r82of250

Established Member
tomshep said:
Tony,

I just finished pulling the bladder on my cell and reinstalling it. It is a MAJOR PITA. Work with Mark and send that sucker back to Fuel Safe. You have no idea the hassle you will be saving yourself.

Tom

T, Did you use a heat gun when you installed the bladder in the can? I did mine a while ago, and while it wasn't the easiest thing, the heat gun made the bladder more pliable so it wasn't TOO bad. If you let the bladder lay in the sun for awhile it helps also.

Or just send it back to FuelSafe.:shrug:

r82of250

Established Member
Tom, was there a fuel pickup tube inside your cell that ran from the pump to the left side of the can? Didn't have one in mine but I've heard of it some of the R's. Maybe because the cell sits a bit lower on the left side? Just curious.

r82of250

Established Member
Tom, was there a fuel pickup tube inside your cell that ran from the pump to the left side of the can? Didn't have one in mine but I've heard of it some of the R's. Maybe because the cell sits a bit lower on the left side? Just curious.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
r82of250 said:

Negative.

Pump was original style with the small sock on the end and that was all. The bladder did have a cage around the pump area with one-way check balls in it though.

Didn't do the heat gun thing. Never crossed my mind and the Fuel Safe guy didn't suggest it either--although he didn't say to avoid that either.

Tom

Saleenrose

Established Member
Reading this I did not find where and how much to replace bladder, I live about 200 miles from fuel safe, and I bought this one in my race car direct from them, but I need a replacement bladder. Thanx

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Bladder......

Saleenrose said:
Reading this I did not find where and how much to replace bladder, I live about 200 miles from fuel safe, and I bought this one in my race car direct from them, but I need a replacement bladder. Thanx

Try Fuel Safe, since you delt directly with them before. Maybe they'll deal with you. It can't hurt. Maybe they'll even give a group deal.

Let me know how it turns out, I need one as well.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Guys,

I'm also a Fuel Safe dealer and will give the group a break. It costs the same price whether you install the bladder yourself of have Fuel Safe do it (you just pay for the extra shipping there).

If your interested let me know. I've also been told by Fuel Safe that their pricing is going up eary next year.

Users who are viewing this thread