95R engine setback

Cobra-R

Established Member
I have the MM K-member in my 95R and want to set the engine back in the rear mounting holes (moves the engine rearward 3/4")

The only problem I see is the tranny cross member doesn't have enough slot in the holes to allow this. Does anyone make a cross member that would just bolt in and give me the adjustment I need?

Brian

jimbbski

Established Member
When I set my engine back I cut the welds that held the crossmember to the tubes that the bushings and the mounting bolts fit through. I then moved the crossmenber back as needed and then welded it in place. Really if you cut the welds you and get away without welding them back up. As long as the crossmember is bolted to the car and the trans what can move?

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
jimbbski said:
When I set my engine back I cut the welds that held the crossmember to the tubes that the bushings and the mounting bolts fit through. I then moved the crossmenber back as needed and then welded it in place. Really if you cut the welds you and get away without welding them back up. As long as the crossmember is bolted to the car and the trans what can move?

That won't work on a SN-95. They have a completly different type trans mount.

Brian,

Mark has a good idea. There is plenty of room to move the trans back, using the stock trans mount. There is a steel plate bolted to the trans, and then the mount bolts to the plate, and drops in place. All you have to do, is make a plate (use 1/4" flat steel plate) to bolt on the trans, and drill holes to match your mount, so it will drop in your crossmember. I've done it with a 4-speed in my "R" at CMP when we were there last yr.

Users who are viewing this thread