95R dyno numbers

XLR8-R

Established Member
Dynoed my 95R yesterday, for anyone that's interested: 297hp, 365 torque.
Modifications are: Bassani X-pipe with cats, magnaflow mufflers, and cold air intake in the fender. Next step is a box upper intake to hopefully add some horsepower at the expense of some torque. At the drag strip recently I ran 13.51 At 104mph.(street tires) After the intake I plan to do an F cam, then heads, dynoing each mod separately for specific gains. By the way, I am extremely happy with this car. :rolling: I am looking forward to showing it at the South Texas SVTOA car show on March 4 in San Antonio.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Wow, thats pretty strong. I assume this was on a dyno jet?

My car has the air pump removed, bigger throttle body, Bassani X with mufflers and dumps, it dyno'd at 289 rwhp and 350 somthing torque. Looks like they are running pretty close.

Brian

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Is that sae corrected or gross numbers. My 95 R with the same mods made 265HP, the same torque and I went 13.01 in 90 degree heat, but I had ET steet slicks
:shrug: :read: :burnout:

XLR8-R

Established Member
That was on a dynojet, and corrected was 294 I believe. I was expecting less also, and obviously some dynos are more optimistic than others...I will be putting the box upper on this weekend and hopefully dyno again next week, as I am anxious to see what diff. it will make. It is a Downs Ford upper, and I am going to run a 1" spacer.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
One thing that might make a differnece...... Is the fact that you did not mention your 95R has 30k miles on it. Its broken in good and will make a little more power than a 2-3K mile car.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
XLR8-R said:
One thing you forgot to mention is your 90 Saleen #62 is a theft recovery, as I used to own it...

And your point IS........ No reason to be an ASS! :shrug:

The Saleen is still basically in the same condition as the day I bought it from the insurance company, except I installed the correct rearend and Saleen wheels. Someday I will get around to finishing it.

Whats the big deal about your 95R having some miles...... My 93R has 37K and my '00R has 27K miles, big deal! They are getting used for what they were meant to do. I almost bought the 95R you now own!

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
cobra186 said:
One thing that might make a differnece...... Is the fact that you did not mention your 95R has 30k miles on it. Its broken in good and will make a little more power than a 2-3K mile car.

I saw nothing wrong with this statement, and understand the reason you posted it... My R with 22K miles feels stronger than the day I got it with 1500 miles on it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I really noticed my car getting stonger with every 1,000 I put on it. But it stopped doing that at about 5k or so? Then I had to do mods to get morepower!! :pepper:

XLR8-R

Established Member
Ass?

My point is I don't go around posting info about cars I don't own and have never seen in person unless the owner asks me to. By the way have you learned any more about buying on e-bay in the past few months? (cobra186)
Also, I try not to buy most of my cars from the salvage sale. By the way, my car has about 37k miles on it now...and the a/c works great!

Last edited:

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
good numbers man... put some victor jr heads on that thing and good intake setup and make some high 300 hp numbers... the 95r is one of my fav cars ... :D

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
XLR8-R said:
My point is I don't go around posting info about cars I don't own and have never seen in person unless the owner asks me to. By the way have you learned any more about buying on e-bay in the past few months? (cobra186)
Also, I try not to buy most of my cars from the salvage sale. By the way, my car has about 37k miles on it now...and the a/c works great!

Nothing was meant to be deragotory about my statement... only to add facts to the post that might explain to others why your 95R made good dyno #s.

You are the only one that has taken it the wrong way. I guess you are just embarrassed about your car for some reason. :shrug: Its good you are enjoying the car.... I drive mine all the time too.

I have no problems buying items on ebay. The only reason I did not buy your 95R on there is after I talked with the owner a couple of times, I then deceided it was not the car for me. I was glad that you out bid me, as I am not the type to retract my bids once I place them.

As far as salvage cars go... I do not have a bunch of them. I use to be a buyer for my fathers wrecking yard. If I ran across something unusal that was a theft recovery etc I might buy it to save it from being destroyed. If I sell one I am totally upfront with the cars history.... so no need for you to worry!

No need to worry anymore about me posting up any "confidential" info about your 95R. I won't post another that has anything to do with you or your precious 95R...... I'll burn that bridge for ya :burn:

XLR8-R

Established Member
cobra186 said:
No need to worry anymore about me posting up any "confidential" info about your 95R. I won't post another that has anything to do with you or your precious 95R...... I'll burn that bridge for ya :burn:

That would be the wisest thing I have ever seen you post on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread