95R Alignment Specs ?

95rcobra

Any of the 95R owners out there have their front ends aligned or set up for the road course track recently. Just looking to see if there are other setups for the alignment besides the one thats spec'd out in the supplemental cobra r manual. Has anyone gone to the caster/camber plates for more adjustable front end alignments. If so how did you set it up for the street/track or both. I know that the factory setup of +3.9 caster and -2.5 camber is probably not a all street or all track setup but I am just wondering if anybody has used something else. thanks 95rcobra.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I have Steeda Caster Camber plates. I run -2.5 Camber and +5.5 Caster. Good on the street, great at the track. All tires seem to wear pretty even.

95rcobra

Hey Terry,
That sounds good. thanks for the info and I would like to try something like that on the R._Did you find that it was a better setup than the factory setup as far as the handling goes for the street or the track. My guy that checked the alignment on my R was amazed to see those caster and camber setups. he was saying that there was no way the front end could be setup to those specs because the tires would wear out real quick. he checked it out on the Hunter machine and the specs checked out to factory except for the passenger side that was slightly off. thats when he recommended getting the caster/camber plates for a better setup. I am glad that I found someone that is running them and can give me some input and tips. thanks again Terry. Later, Steve.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Glad I could help. If you run allot of miles on the street with -2.5
Camber, the inside of the tires will wear and the car may pull you around some when you get into truck rut on the asphalt roads. Most of us don't rum these car as daily drivers, plus you can rotate the tire to even out the wear.

The more Caster, the quicker the steering wheel want to return to center, therefor the steering wheel may feel heavier after you change to this much Caster.

Just be sure both Caster and Camber are within .5 of a degree side to side.

I tried -1.5 Camber and the car did not handle well, it pushed in turns real bad.

A guy that does alignments on street cars will get heartburn of these specs. Luckily I know a Hunter instructer in Lake Zurich Illinois, he usally does my alignment during a class for free. You should check to see if you have one in your area by calling Hunter's tech line.

95rcobra

Thanks Terry. My 95R is not a daily street driver but I plan to do some road courses with it. I am just looking for the best setup for handling that I can run on both the street and the track. I will try and call Hunter's hot line to find out if there is an instructor in my area.
Thanks, Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread