95R Air Box info

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
Hello
I thought i read that the 95R air filter housing is the same as the ones used on on the 96-98GTs, is this correct? I was also wondering if the tube from the Mass air meter to the throttle body was used in any other Ford applications? I have a 95 Cobra and would like to use this set up on my car. The reason i like it is because is looks clean and the tube appears smooth compared to the factory tube on the Cobra.

Thank you

Laurence

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Laurence,

yes, the 1995 Cobra "R" with the 5.8L does indeed use the 1996 Airbox assembly. As for it fitting your application, since the 351W (5.8L) engine is a bit wider and taller than your 5.0L engine, while it will indeed bolt on to your intake assembly, it may not be so "cut and dry" with the rest of the installation.

Hope you find this helpful.

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
AIR BOX....

The air inlet hose on the "R" also had a problem with sucking closed at full trottle sometimes in hot weather. It is smooth for air flow, but if you ever had it slam shut at acceleration, you wish you had your stock one back. I put a GT inlet hose on my "R" because it is ribbed. Of course I put a different mass air meter with a conicle K&N filter.

Gene

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
Bill and Gene
Thanks for the replies.
Bill, i guess if the hose is not flexible i may not work then. Do you know if it was used in any other Ford cars? If it was i would like to find one in a salvage yard and try it out.
Gene
Is this tube made of then plastic or does it shut at a bend in the hose?

Thanks again.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Originally posted by LGSCHMIDTJR
Bill and Gene
Thanks for the replies.
Bill, i guess if the hose is not flexible i may not work then. Do you know if it was used in any other Ford cars? If it was i would like to find one in a salvage yard and try it out.
Gene
Is this tube made of then plastic or does it shut at a bend in the hose?

Thanks again.

It's just thin rubber, that collapses in the straight part.

Users who are viewing this thread