950rwhp Mustang vs Mellon Tuning EVO and more... - Memphis Street Racing 07-20-08

TurboMike

Established Member
Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member
um no way that mustang makes 950 rwhp

We had a fun little meet.

http://www.racevideoforums.com/foru...-evo-mustang-cobra-mach-1-lightning-more.html

The Mustang is said to run mid 9's and trapping 145+ :rockon:

UM NO ..im going to call the numbers on the mustang total bullsh#$

mid nines and 145-148 mph is only around 600 - 650 rwhp for a auto mustang.

with 750 rwhp through a c-4 auto murillos white street car cracker runs 8.80s at 157 mph we tuned it on my dyno and thats what it makes.

950 rwhp through a auto is enough for 8.30s in a fox body at over 165 mph.

hell when i made 933 rwhp in my 95 at 3500 pounds i could run 8.80s leaving off idle and just letting the car eat on the big end.

So unless that evos a sub 9 second car i dont believe 900 + rwhp with a auto for the stang.

only way i see it hapeneing is if that mustang was out there running pump gas so was limited on boost.

dont get me wrong the evos obviously fast so is the mustang but 950 ?

no

this car makes 756 rwhp :) on the nitrous and only 712 on the turbo alone and look for yourself what it runs < these were off bottle runs so around 700-720 rwhp

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Mike-Murillos-Mustang-GT_106352.htm]
GetSizedVideoThumb.ashx
[/ame][ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Mike-Murillos-Mustang-GT_106352.htm]Mike Murillo's Mustang GT "Cracker" 8 second turbo[/ame]

Last edited:

Mellon

RVF
Established Member
my EVO traps 127 on straight 93 octane...the Mustang is a good 20mph+ faster. He left two black stripes to the 1/8th mile.

TurboMike

Established Member
UM NO ..im going to call the numbers on the mustang total bullsh#$

mid nines and 145-148 mph is only around 600 - 650 rwhp for a auto mustang.

with 750 rwhp through a c-4 auto murillos white street car cracker runs 8.80s at 157 mph we tuned it on my dyno and thats what it makes.

950 rwhp through a auto is enough for 8.30s in a fox body at over 165 mph.

hell when i made 933 rwhp in my 95 at 3500 pounds i could run 8.80s leaving off idle and just letting the car eat on the big end.

So unless that evos a sub 9 second car i dont believe 900 + rwhp with a auto for the stang.

only way i see it hapeneing is if that mustang was out there running pump gas so was limited on boost.

dont get me wrong the evos obviously fast so is the mustang but 950 ?

no

this car makes 756 rwhp :) on the nitrous and only 712 on the turbo alone and look for yourself what it runs < these were off bottle runs so around 700-720 rwhp

Mike Murillo's Mustang GT "Cracker" 8 second turbo

The bottom line is, the Mustang couldn't hook. He was about 6 cars behind at the 1/8 and made up 6 cars on a 127mph trapping EVO. It makes the power. The numbers I gave are just what the Mustang owner will tell us. It probably traps well over 145.

Are these cars you are quoting FULL weight?

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Nice clean runs on that road! Turbo stang had NO traction . . . It was moving on the big end though.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
EJ the Mustang owner personally put down a few gallons of VHT before I got there. My shoe was sticking to the clutch and gas pedal :rockon:

Um I just watched the video again and there is no proper road prep at all on either of the low boost or high boost runs. A VHT line done right is bright ass black and the tires will not smoke like that 30ft out just not goin to happen sorry. Also for a 950rhwp car and trapping 145mph something is wrong there big time... I am not trying to discredit or anything I am just saying a RWD with that kinda power should never get taken out the whole by an AWD with proper road prep and tires.. check out cash days form 1320video.com those cars are all 8 second cars and dont smoke the tires like the mustang did...

Last edited:

Mac 108

Established Member
Um I just watched the video again and there is no proper road prep at all on either of the low boost or high boost runs. A VHT line done right is bright ass black and the tires will not smoke like that 30ft out just not goin to happen sorry. Also for a 950rhwp car and trapping 145mph something is wrong there big time... I am not trying to discredit or anything I am just saying a RWD with that kinda power should never get taken out the whole by an AWD with proper road prep and tires.. check out cash days form 1320video.com those cars are all 8 second cars and dont smoke the tires like the mustang did...

EJ's turbo Mustang was on worn tires and the "track" was extremely slick. Also the Mustang has a powerglide FYI

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
The track wasn"t that a street? Bald tires ok that makes it look a bit more logical. A glide so the car is making close to 1150fwhp depending on the converter? No way something just isn"t right with the numbers.

turbosaleen

Established Member
?

The bottom line is, the Mustang couldn't hook. He was about 6 cars behind at the 1/8 and made up 6 cars on a 127mph trapping EVO. It makes the power. The numbers I gave are just what the Mustang owner will tell us. It probably traps well over 145.

Are these cars you are quoting FULL weight?

did you see me say 3500 pounds ? with 933 rwhp my 95 at 3500 pounds ran a best of 8.23 at 169 mph it would run 8.80s leaving so slow its not funny.

and that car IF the evo runs 127 the mustang is traping as was said about 145 mph wich suprisingly enough is what my wifes convertible traps and it makes 756 rwhp with a five speed.

Mellon

RVF
Established Member
VHT was down but no doubt the traction wasn't there. I spun so bad with 4 drag radials at 15psi each through first that I had to get completely out of the gas and get back in (you can hear it in the video, that wasn't a shift) There isn't much rubber out there at all yet.

I doubt EJ had the car at full tilt on the street until he was past the 1/8th mile. I was going 125+ at the end of the 1/4 and he came around me like I was standing still.

Users who are viewing this thread