029.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Looks great. I think you should lose the yellow though.

95BOSS

Established Member
Hey Blown38, love the headlights! I've already had my headlights and corners apart and painted the housings black, but didn't think to paint the outline of my lens' until shortly after I had mine all put back together. I'll be redoing them if I ever quit dragging my feet on the project.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Here's my 95 auto SC.
Now with 96 hood and lights
DSC08360.jpg

Love the headlights! Do you HAVE to change the hood when changing to newer headlights or are they the same curvature as the old ones? I'd like to convert when I decide to get some HID's.

95BOSS

Established Member
Love the headlights! Do you HAVE to change the hood when changing to newer headlights or are they the same curvature as the old ones? I'd like to convert when I decide to get some HID's.

The only thing you HAVE to do to use the 96-97 headlights is change out the header panel. The hood isn't a mandatory but to pull off the whole look, you should get it. Here is a pic of 96-97 headlights in a 94-95 car.

[ame=http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=877632&postcount=11]TCCoA Forums - View Single Post - 96 front end on a 95[/ame]

Also, when you go to get HID's, you should get these. You can't beat the price!

HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

$40 for the 35w and $50 for the 55w. Add $20 if you want hi/low beams bulbs. But I can tell you, if you are not out on backroads much you will not need the hi's. I know a couple of guys running these and the low's are really bright.

Blown38

Established Member
Yeah like Boss said don't have to do the hood but you get that funny gap. And on the bumper cover when you get the 96 hood, pull the bumper out and redrill the header panel so the bumper is even with the edge of the hood.

Blown38

Established Member
Hey Blown38, love the headlights! I've already had my headlights and corners apart and painted the housings black, but didn't think to paint the outline of my lens' until shortly after I had mine all put back together. I'll be redoing them if I ever quit dragging my feet on the project.

The corners I have are painted on the outside and kinda jagged. Don't really match the headlights. It would prolly look better painted on the inside. Post a pic of your lights.

Blown38

Established Member
Jason, I picked the red 94 up from tampa last year, maybe you've seen it down there before. Guy named Gary owned it.

95BOSS

Established Member
The corners I have are painted on the outside and kinda jagged. Don't really match the headlights. It would prolly look better painted on the inside. Post a pic of your lights.

I have the whole inside of my corners painted minus the little silver bulb. I think they would look a whole lot better with the painted outline on the lens'. It's kinda hard to tell how dark they are in the second picture because of the sun shining straight down on them.

HPIM0869.jpg

HPIM0851.jpg

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I have the whole inside of my corners painted minus the little silver bulb. I think they would look a whole lot better with the painted outline on the lens'. It's kinda hard to tell how dark they are in the second picture because of the sun shining straight down on them.

HPIM0869.jpg

HPIM0851.jpg

I like that hood.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Nice job on the Bird. I wish I had converted my 93 to a 94/95 bumper, and 96/97 head lights. If I was starting fresh, I would do that, and maybe a short wheelbase mod also.

Gopedxr

Established Member
Killer!

Nice birds guys i knew there was some more of you around here. Me and a friend got a 97 LX going under the knife sometime. We got a teksid block going to send it to AED in sacramento for a full 4 valve build..

Ford GT super car heads and the biggest whipple twin screw we can find. Dual exhaust big gears Solid axle you name it were doing it.

95BLKRBD

Established Member
well nothing really big to update here... got a little spray paint happy with a can of gloss black on the underbody. ummm... half ass painted the front calipers black. when i say half ass i mean i just took a wire brush to them and then painted them. ummm let's see. oh yea... took a little spray paint to the bottom of the front bumper and got rid of some of the scuff marks on it. cleaned it up quite well!

plans for the end of next month include doing the exhaust. and maybe convert the header panel, headlights and clear corners to the 96-97 style. we'll see. i'll post pics!

95BLKRBD

Established Member
ok guys here's some more pics. these pics look alot better than the last ones! :banana:

Machwon021.jpg

Machwon022.jpg

Machwon023.jpg

Machwon024.jpg

Machwon030.jpg

Machwon029.jpg

Machwon028.jpg

Machwon025.gif

Machwon026.gif

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
That is a really good looking bird. I think you should keep the hood the way it is. It really makes it stand out. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread