'95 Thunderbird owner checking in.

95BLKRBD

Established Member
Just found this site! looks pretty sweet from what i've seen so far.

so here the low down... i've had my '95 Bird for about 2 years now! i love it!

it's nothing special by any means but i definetly have some big goals for it.

What i've done to her since i've owned her:

-remove air silencer
-march udp's
-cobra "r" replica hood for 96/97 bird
-tinted windows
-'03 Cobra wheels

plans for the future:

-new uca's and lca's (both sides)
-short sway bar links
-1.5" eibach spings

the parts listed above i have... just waiting to put them on

as money permits i will also do motor, trans and exhaust work. would like to go dohc or built pi motor but we'll see.

here's some pics...

P3180009.jpg

P3180011.jpg

P3180012.jpg

P3180014.jpg

P3160006.jpg

P3150004.jpg

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
Nice! Mine's still bone stock down to the mud flaps. But instead of going for a DOHC, I'd rather go for an Explorer SOHC 4.6 engine and slap on some Trickflow heads, lopey cams, and a blower.

But short term goals right now are:
Built 4R70W and high-stall TC by Dirty Dog Performance
Tranny cooler
Aluminum driveshaft

Then exhaust (hopefully mid length headers), 2.5" tubing, high flow cats, Borla internal X muffler and LX-style tail pipes for the back for that Foxbody look.

Of course, suspension, 4.10's, Bullitt wheels, etc. in the future.

DSC01414-864x648.jpg

95BLKRBD

Established Member
that's a clean looking bird. yea i'm leaning towards the new trick flow 2v heads. here's some more pics... 1.5" lower.

bird2.jpg

bird1.jpg

JasonSnake

Established Member
Can't wait till you get your springs on! Car is super clean, dude. Are you on TCCoA.com ?

95BLKRBD

Established Member
thank you sir!

jason, the springs are on. the pics don't do her any justice! she sits alot lower! and yes i'm on tccoa. BlkBrd95

95BLKRBD

Established Member
no and no. ummm haha don't really know what i'd take video of. i know that sounds dumb but yea. haha i will however put up an exhaust clip w h e n............ i get my exhaust done. i plan on removing the 3rd cat and that stupid little muffler right behind it. i'm going to put an slp loudmouth bullet style muffler in place of that, leave the stock exhaust and then just run echo-tips out the back. don't know quite how that's gonna sound but that's what i've got in mind.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
no and no. ummm haha don't really know what i'd take video of. i know that sounds dumb but yea. haha i will however put up an exhaust clip w h e n............ i get my exhaust done. i plan on removing the 3rd cat and that stupid little muffler right behind it. i'm going to put an slp loudmouth bullet style muffler in place of that, leave the stock exhaust and then just run echo-tips out the back. don't know quite how that's gonna sound but that's what i've got in mind.

So in essence, you want to copy my exhaust setup...lol. It's all good....

065-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHIbXdX064c"]YouTube- Thunderbird Exhaust[/nomedia]

95BLKRBD

Established Member
haha i guess you could say that. but! i'm not gonna run duals... just a single slp... and instead of the exhaust turning down i'm gonna have it just exit straight back. kinda like this.

exhaust%20tip.jpg

JasonSnake

Established Member
Jason, Bro, dude, you have GOT to get rid of the granny flaps on that thing.....

I promised myself not to do so until I can get new wheels and suspension done at the same time. So for now, it's going to stay looking like a grandpa car until that times comes :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread