95 SVT Cobra - What's it worth?

95WhiteSnake

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I am considering putting my car up for sale to help pay my way through graduate school.

The car has 35k original miles on it, and is in excellent condition.

Garage kept and under a car cover, never seen a drop of rain.

I just had the front bumper repainted and the license plate holes fixed in it from the previous owner.

The interior is in immaculate condition, its Black on Black

Literally there isnt a scratch on the car...

I have attached a link to my photobucket, I will take more detailed pictures of it tomorrow after work and add them as well.

Pictures by JCraigKelley - Photobucket

Here is a list of what has been done to it so far:

* 3.73 gears with eaton posi unit
* maximum motorsport frame tie connectors
* maximum motorsport lowering kit with coil over set up
* tokiko double adjust shocks
* 8.8 differential girdle
* maximum motorsport upper and lower control arms and front and rear sway bars
* steeda caster camber plates
* upgraded t-5 transmission
* clear side marker lights
* ford shorty headers
* urethane bushings
* cold air package with upgraded MAF
* Gibson 3" cat back system
* king cobra clutch
* slotted brake rotors with upgraded brake package
* Cobra Y2K Rims
* Nitto drag radials
* short throw B&M shifter
* Ford Motorsport plug wires
* upgraded headlights
* 4" cowl hood
* aluminum drive shaft
* 03/04 center console ( I also have the original)
* Glow shift triple gauge pod (oil pressure, air/fuel, boost...NOT HOOKED UP)
*SVO Side Skirts w/ borla exhaust (NOT INSTALLED)
*96/98 Tail Lights (NOT INSTALLED)
*Aftermarket head unit with 2 8" JL Audio Subs
*Tinted Windows

Just looking to see what I can expect to ask for it....all advice welcome!

Last edited:

SVTmystic290

Established Member
I think someone just posted about this car and how much THEY should pay for it a few days ago. Not positive its the same car but sounds very similar. Ask in the range of 11000-15000, thats what I told him to pay and I highly doubt anyone will pay more than that. Ill say the same thing I said to him, any more than 15000 an you can save a few more months and get an 03-04.

Search the SN95 cobra market section and I bet you can find the post.

95WhiteSnake

Established Member
I saw that same post...not the same car...I was thinking somewhere around $11k - $12k...

Still not sure if I want to sell it or just save the money for school and put it off a year!!!!

mustang3X

Established Member
Put off school.

If you sell that car for it's current "worth" do you think you'll ever be able to replace it for a like amount?

Keep it and just work more hours to pay for school or borrow a few bucks from the bank and use the car as collateral (if you can).

Unless, of course, your major is in a field that pays huge dollars per year, then you can just buy it back when you have the job :)

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Never put off school or anything that could have a major impact on the rest of your life to keep a car. Cars can always be replaced. My .02

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
^^^^Agree with above. Can always buy another car, but cant always go to school. Sell the car, and when you get out you will make enough money to buy 2!

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
I think someone just posted about this car and how much THEY should pay for it a few days ago. Not positive its the same car but sounds very similar. Ask in the range of 11000-15000, thats what I told him to pay and I highly doubt anyone will pay more than that. Ill say the same thing I said to him, any more than 15000 an you can save a few more months and get an 03-04.

Search the SN95 cobra market section and I bet you can find the post.

Nice cobra, but not the one I posted about. The one I posted about is bone stock with 10k miles on it and still has the original tires.

mustang3X

Established Member
The only impact his schooling will have is the people who run the place will keep their million dollar salaries, lifetime pension and health care benefits all on the proceeds of his cobra sale.

There are very few vocations where school is required and worthwhile, for the most part is nothing but a scam racket that wastes tax dollars so professors and their ilk can have a student run the show while they take a a 2 year vacation, oh I'm sorry, sabbatical.

As I clearly stated in my post, if his major is in a serious field where a proper education is required then by all means do it. If not, then better to keep the car.

And yes you can always get another car, and you can always go back to school also.

Users who are viewing this thread