95 Idle issues

cobra21987

Established Member
I have a 1995 mustang gts and i have the whole trick flow package with the stage 2 cam, and when i pull up to a stop light, after down shifting. It dies. when i push the clutch in and pull up to a stop light, it will sometimes stay running and other times it will die. Can anyone help me out?

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
The 94-95 cars had a notoriously fickle ECM. After looking into your IAC, I would suggest getting the car tuned if possible. The '94-'95 car's just didn't like many cams that were out there, so most folks stuck to a select few that were know to work favorably with the car's electronics. From what I remember, the Steeda #19 was a favorite for mild combinations, and it had a pretty good reputation with many owners of SN95 cars. Another popular thing for SN95 5.0 owners to do is make the swap to pre-'94style electronics and engine set-up. It does take some work to do, as well as a new hood, but it eliminates many of the things that are unique to the '94-'95 cars in lieu of the cheaper and easier to come by Fox-Body pieces. Just some food for thought..

SNK_RATH

Established Member
For sure get a tune ,with the stage 2 cam its definitely throwing fits with your ecu .But I would do base idle reset,and clean your MAF & IAC ....hopefully you get it figured out .

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
The 94-95 cars had a notoriously fickle ECM. After looking into your IAC, I would suggest getting the car tuned if possible. The '94-'95 car's just didn't like many cams that were out there, so most folks stuck to a select few that were know to work favorably with the car's electronics. From what I remember, the Steeda #19 was a favorite for mild combinations, and it had a pretty good reputation with many owners of SN95 cars. Another popular thing for SN95 5.0 owners to do is make the swap to pre-'94style electronics and engine set-up. It does take some work to do, as well as a new hood, but it eliminates many of the things that are unique to the '94-'95 cars in lieu of the cheaper and easier to come by Fox-Body pieces. Just some food for thought..

Best thing to do: find a tuner that is CAPABLE of tuning a 94-95 computer!

No need to get a compatible cam that might leave power on the table with the combination and go backwards with using the pre94 ECU (A9L etc).

What do you mean by pre94 engine setup and getting a new hood? Dont need to go through all that hassle. Ive converted to a 86-93 throttle body/inlet setup on my 95 (better throttle response and cleaner engine bay), along with using the 94-95 accessories and the stock 94-95 hood. Oh and Im using the stock 94-95 computer with my 306. Chip/tune by Willie @ dirtydirtyracing.com in Virginia.

Again, best thing to do, get a tune by a tuner who is capable tuning the 94-95 computers.

Users who are viewing this thread