95 Cobra Photoshop

BGM66

Established Member
Well okay, it's actually a gt, but can you tell??

Can someone slap some deep dish Fr500, or those new deep dish cobra R's on this car for me, and possibbly a nitrous purge out of the snake in the front, or side.. doesn't matter.. THANKS
some black headlights would also be great.

1-18-05052.gif

BGM66

Established Member
The hood is off, body work and paint is going to come last for me.. i just thought i was going to go all the way w/ the swap (engine and everything), but i'm headed in a different direction. Ya'll aren't the nicest guys here.. You wouldn't even know if I didn't tell you it wasn't a cobra by the pictures.. The only thing inside I don't have is the steering wheel.. It's just as fast as a cobra so I feel that there is nothing wrong with me putting cobra bumpers, brakes, emblems...Plus it is cheaper to insure and i like the way cobra look better...

stango

StangoWango
Established Member
To each his own. I like it man. As long as he doesn't go around saying its a cobra I don't really have a problem with it. Although cobra badges on a v6 is another story.

BGM66

Established Member
I would never say anything about someone else's car and hurt their feelings.. That's all i could do, it's not that i'm posing... I tell everyone it's a gt without a hestitation. I just like the way the cobra looks. After all, being 18 years old, that's all I can afford and i think it's good for who it is...

wldtang

Banned
BGM66 said:
Well okay, it's actually a gt, but can you tell??

Can someone slap some deep dish Fr500, or those new deep dish cobra R's on this car for me, and possibbly a nitrous purge out of the snake in the front, or side.. doesn't matter.. THANKS
some black headlights would also be great.

1-18-05052.gif

The tell tell's would be
1. the lower skirts
2. the rear wing
3. the svt badge on the back
4. Of course the rear bumber would still say mustang.
5. Under the hood would be obviously the motor, valve covers, brake booster, oil cooler
6. and last the vin number is the give away and one that is not as easy to hide.

RareYellowAsp

Established Member
Hey, I'm not dissing your car guy. It's pretty clean. Just saying something in general that I don't understand. There is a guy who lives across the street from me, who has a "faux"-body Cobra. It's a V-6 with dumps, and snake badges bigger than shit. I just believe in calling a car what it is.

Cobrashow.jpg

'98 Cobra #286/3480, 1 of 8 with this color scheme :burnout:

Last edited:

dawssvt

1998 SVT Cobra
Established Member
RareYellowAsp said:
Hey, I'm not dissing your car guy. It's pretty clean. Just saying something in general that I don't understand. There is a guy who lives across the street from me, who has a "faux"-body Cobra. It's a V-6 with dumps, and snake badges bigger than shit. I just believe in calling a car what it is.

Cobrashow.jpg

'98 Cobra #286/3480, 1 of 8 with this color scheme :burnout:

Me too........ I have a cobra and it has cobra badges... funny how that works :rolling:

BGM66

Established Member
I'm not trying to fool people.. Because if people know anything about mustangs, they'll probably know right away... If they don't i will tell them i'ts a GT... It's simply my preference that I dod these things....

BGM66

Established Member
dawssvt said:
Me too........ I have a cobra and it has cobra badges... funny how that works :rolling:
??? Wait a minute... I see to see a cobra r wing, and bumper on your car.. Why don't you practice what you preach?? Is this a cobra R... You are almost doing the same thing I am doing!! I know you started with the cobra, but it's not a cobra r.. I would never have said anything to you.. because it is you choice and it's what you like better than what came on the car.. BUt like i said.. Practice what you preach!

Cobra R:
5.8L V-8.
thicker stabilizer bars
front strut tower brace
Tremec five-speed manual transmission
hood tall enough to clear the engine and induction system.
ducts to channel cool air to the front brakes.
What all are you lacking??

Last edited:

SVTDarin

Established Member
The Cobra R "parts" he has on there are ones that look like the 2000 model year, and it did not have a 5.8 in 2000. Plus no where on his car does it say "R". The BIG difference is yours says Cobra when it is not. Don't be a poser, regardless of the fact that you tell people it's not a Cobra. You can put every part a cobra has on your GT and it's still a GT. Not trying to be a jerk it's just most people here don't like posers. I use to own a 93 and 99 Lightning and I cringe every time I see some Expedition on regular F150 with SVT badges on it. Make it your own a different way than making it look like it's something it's not.

BGM66 said:
??? Wait a minute... I see to see a cobra r wing, and bumper on your car.. Why don't you practice what you preach?? Is this a cobra R... You are almost doing the same thing I am doing!! I know you started with the cobra, but it's not a cobra r.. I would never have said anything to you.. because it is you choice and it's what you like better than what came on the car.. BUt like i said.. Practice what you preach!

Cobra R:
5.8L V-8.
thicker stabilizer bars
front strut tower brace
Tremec five-speed manual transmission
hood tall enough to clear the engine and induction system.
ducts to channel cool air to the front brakes.
What all are you lacking??

Last edited:

dawssvt

1998 SVT Cobra
Established Member
SVTDarin said:
The Cobra R "parts" he has on there are ones that look like the 2000 model year, and it did not have a 5.8 in 2000. Plus no where on his car does it say "R". The BIG difference is yours says Cobra when it is not. Don't be a poser, regardless of the fact that you tell people it's not a Cobra. You can put every part a cobra has on your GT and it's still a GT. Not trying to be a jerk it's just most people here don't like posers. I use to own a 93 and 99 Lightning and I cringe every time I see some Expedition on regular F150 with SVT badges on it. Make it your own a different way than making it look like it's something it's not.

Thank you : ;-)

93LXHatch

Banned
Your a poser, and nice sig too, wonder where you heard that.

I dont own a Cobra and I love the way they look, I even put a Cobra spoiler on my LX hatch. Do you see any Cobra emblems on it? The point is the bumper is ok and body parts are ok just dont put SVT or Cobra emblems on something its not. Just cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread