95 Cobra Clone mods

6SpdBBody

Established Member
What will it take to get a stock 95 5.0 5spd GT Convertible to run 8.5's NA for the least amount of money. 8.5's in the 8th, no quarter. Mods already done are 4.10's, cold air, long tubes, x pipe, flows. Already decided to put 1.7RR in it, what else should i put in while i'm in there? If you know the part numbers for each, post up, thanx a lot!

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
6SpdBBody said:
What will it take to get a stock 95 5.0 5spd GT Convertible to run 8.5's NA for the least amount of money. 8.5's in the 8th, no quarter. Mods already done are 4.10's, cold air, long tubes, x pipe, flows. Already decided to put 1.7RR in it, what else should i put in while i'm in there? If you know the part numbers for each, post up, thanx a lot!

cam, u/d pulleys, weight reduction (rear seat, a/c, spare tire....), throttle body, upper and lower intake manifold...

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
With edel heads, crane 2031 cam, and edel RPM intake i ran 8.33 @85.50. You are most likely going to need heads to run that time without launching real hard. The fastest i went with stock heads was 8.84 or something like that.

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
white98snake said:
he cant run 8.50's on a broken rear

N/A get some h/c/i and u will be their no problem w/ some weight reduction and a drag radial

And again he said the least amount of money. it may or may not break. only one way to find out.

6SpdBBody

Established Member
So definetly going to have to do a little more than just your basic bolt on's. The car belongs to my brother, he's trying to outrun my car or at least stay pretty close without sinking a lot of money into it. But i guess he's gonna have to try a little harder.

Users who are viewing this thread