95 Cobra - Blower - Complete package

04MC

Established Member
Guys I finally decided to install a blower on my 95 Cobra. I was looking at the paxton kit and of course the vortech one then I cam across the Kenne Bell. Some say the KB for the 95 is not good because it puts out too much low end and no top end ... some say the 5.0 is not a high reving engine anyway, so the KB rocks. My 95 engine's is stock and I plan to leave it stock and run a low boost blower just to awake the thing a bit. I only have K&N drop in, magnaflow catted x and magnaflow catback with stock computer.

This is a weekend car, but the car is in Brasil. I am must worried about the programming/tuning. There is a local SCT/Diablo Sport dealer, but I don't trust his tuning and much rather get a custom burned chip or whatever else for it from an experienced US tuner. It's too bad there are no flashers for the 95's ... or any external units that could be reprogrammed without burning chips and installing them on the ECU ... are there any?

I want to do all required at once. Some say 42 injectors and bigger MAF (90) to get things right at first. Some say ignition and fuel pump is also needed. I want to spend it right the first time because the parts will be exported to me here. I am just debating on which blower to get. My friend said the Novi 2000 is awesome and the noise it makes is even better. I am leaning towards the paxton kit, but would like to have it intercooled and complete. I saw this kit AFM 5.0/5.8 Supercharger Kits What do you guys think? Just skip it and buy only the paxton kit and/or vortech and do fuel pump, injectors/maf or?

Would be nice to hear from guys who have done this, so I don't have surprises or need extra parts that I wish I bought before.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
you will need 42 lb injectors, calibrated mass air flow sensor, and a 255lph fuel pump. the stock ignition will work fine for what you will be doing. both paxton and vortech are good companies and so is procharger. the best sound in my opinion will come from a vortech V-1 s trim but it is an outdated kit. if you want an easy install go with the vortech v-3 kit or the procharger kit because you will not have to tap into your oil pan. they are self contained.

04MC

Established Member
V-3 kit no need to tap ... nice this is the one I am going with, but I haven't seen complete kits with the V-3 yet ... Where is the best place for pricing? Also for the rest of the stuff MAF, injectors etc ... Links would help. I am going to search now. Now I just have to find out about tuning! :uh oh: Thanks

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
i run a v3 set up on my car and the little bit ive drove the car i am nothing but happy. orginally i had a v2 new and it was blowing oil out the case seal, so i stepped up to the v3.

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
i run a v3 set up on my car and the little bit ive drove the car i am nothing but happy. orginally i had a v2 new and it was blowing oil out the case seal, so i stepped up to the v3.

how is the sound? i havent heard a v-3 in person yet.

harvboi05

Established Member
does a self contained vortech have the same style oiling system as a procharger?

i know the procharger sytem vaporizes the oil and it condenses at the top of the case and pools back down at the bottom of the case. its the internal pressure of the case that causes them to leak, and was a big factor in deciding to get conventional style oiling system for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread