95/00R center caps and my 93 Cobra R

vcmoore

Established Member
Unfortunately, I had to go with a set of aftermarket clones of the Ford Motorsport R58/M179 wheels for my 93 Cobra R, since Ford doesn't make a chrome version of the M179 (6.42"/36mm backspace).

Based on the information I was able to find off the net, I went with O.E. Concepts.
9c_1.JPG

Of course, the only problem I have, is the center caps. From what I read (http://erbystang.stangnet.com/centercaps.html),
the OE Concepts are an exact copy of the Motorsport wheels and will accept the original Cobra R center caps.

Now my concern is this. Is there any difference between the center caps of the 95 and 00 wheels? I thought the 00 R's center caps were slightly larger, but I can't remember where I might have read or heard that.

And lastly, does anyone have center caps that they might want to sell?

Thanks.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The factory R center caps I have measure:

2.301 o.d. for the 1995

2.667 o.d. for the 2000

Robert

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 93cobra-r
Unfortunately, I had to go with a set of aftermarket clones of the Ford Motorsport R58/M179 wheels for my 93 Cobra R, since Ford doesn't make a chrome version of the M179 (6.42"/36mm backspace).

Based on the information I was able to find off the net, I went with O.E. Concepts.
9c_1.JPG

Of course, the only problem I have, is the center caps. From what I read (http://erbystang.stangnet.com/centercaps.html),
the OE Concepts are an exact copy of the Motorsport wheels and will accept the original Cobra R center caps.

Now my concern is this. Is there any difference between the center caps of the 95 and 00 wheels? I thought the 00 R's center caps were slightly larger, but I can't remember where I might have read or heard that.

And lastly, does anyone have center caps that they might want to sell?

Thanks.

Robert is right that the 00R caps are larger and I trust his measurements so I can't help much in that capacity. I do have 1 95R cap (new) if you can piece individual caps from others

Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread