94 stock cobra motor

Dchez

As the title says, probably about 90,000 miles on it, been sitting in a garage since 04. Don't see any out there for sale so o can't really determine a price to ask. Peeps got any input? Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dchez

Yes it's complete. Will have to get pictures up in a few days, it's stored elsewhere so I'll have to go take some.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hard to say what it might be worth without knowing and seeing its condition.

Dchez

Yeah what I figured. Guy wants to buy my 94 cobra and wants the original engine for $200. Seeing all the posts for the non cobra engines being sold for 500-1000 made me think that was low. I'd I must then I will at that price. Im gonna try to get pics up tomorrow.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I’d say $400 is pretty fair if it can be dropped in and fired up. If it needs any TLC ( likely after 90k miles and 14 years of sitting ) then a little less. There isn’t much special about them. They don’t make much power. Possibly worth a little more to someone who owns the car it came in. People building strong 302’s are likely going with late 60’s or early 70’s blocks that can handle more power.

If you did ok selling the car then for the $200 why not. If he beat you up a bit on the car you can try to get a little of it back.

nomoretickets

Established Member
I largely second whats been posted above. The 94-95 motors were really just GT bottom ends with explorer heads and intake, and the all important "COBRA" badges on the upper. Id price it similar to what other 302's of that vintage are selling for in your area, maybe a bit higher since its original to the car and the buyer does seem to care about that.

Users who are viewing this thread