94 Lincoln 4r70w tranny, is the bell pattern same as Coyote?

Screamin363

Established Member
I'm looking to have a backup plan for my M82, I would like to add a 4r70w tranny but cannot tell what cars to get them from. I ran into a 94 Lincoln tranny but cannot tell of the bolt pattern will work with the coyote?

Anyone know if this particular tranny will bolt up?

5lho

Established Member
I think the Coyote uses a modular bolt pattern so, anything that'll bolt to a mod motor will physically bolt to a 5.0.

87hatchy

Established Member
even if it bolts up, the length might be off. You might need a custom driveshaft or a spacer of some sort where the driveshaft bolts to the axle diff housing

Sly Fox

Established Member
Evo performance put a C4 in their 2011 which was also the first into the 10's I believe. Why not go that route?

Screamin363

Established Member
I like the OD part of it. Just getting into the 10's is being done with what I currently have. I want consistency of an auto with more traction on the launch, so I can still get good gas mileage on the street but turn it up and let it eat

Last edited:

CPRsm

Evo performance put a C4 in their 2011 which was also the first into the 10's I believe. Why not go that route?
Bad idea w turbo torque and the low gearing. The hard parts aren't very strong. They work pretty well in blower and nitrous cars. Steeper gears ease the load on the tranny

5lho

Established Member
even if it bolts up, the length might be off. You might need a custom driveshaft or a spacer of some sort where the driveshaft bolts to the axle diff housing

I'm pretty sure he's aware there'd be some fabrication involved...least I hope so...:banana:

Last edited:

Screamin363

Established Member
Yup well aware of fab needs.
Also aware of the PA and such that offer a $4500-$5500 tranny kits. Just looking for more cost effective way to do a conversion.
The tranny controller is about 700-800. Tough to swallow but the ease of control seems well worth it.

casper gt

Established Member
I'd do some measuring first to see if a long or short tail shaft 4r70w will be what you end up needing before you buy anything (panther platform cars have a long tailshaft, all other cars use a short one)

I'd also stick with the late (02' & up) 4r70w's, they have all the upgrades possible from the factory & might make life easier for you.

that said, your on the right track, a 4r70w will suit your needs well with a baumann controler & the propper tune.

Users who are viewing this thread