94 help...

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
yo fellas.... i posted this over on the sn95 side and i know a lot of you have exp w/ older models...
so figured i'd ask over here on my usual forum... need some help on an h-pipe

here's the skinny... my wife has a 94 GT and her car started making a crazy rattle can sound. i climbed under and it is coming from the stock h pipe, somewhere around the fwd cat. so i'm assuming something broke inside the pipe / cat. it's all pretty much stock from what i can tell... so i assume i'm just going to replace the h-pipe. is there any disadvantage to going to one of the off road brands? anything else i'll need to do to the car w/ tuning or o2 sensors... or is it just a straight swap? i know our cars need should have a tune and such because of error codes and the like... but i think i read that the o2 sensors are before the cats so dunno if that makes a dif or not?? i see that bbk has them for about $189... seems like the going price. any brands worth looking at or they all fairly close?

rodfarva

Established Member
There is no sound quite like one of those cars with an off-road H-pipe and Flowmasters.

Eargasm

5.8 Venom

Established Member
A SN95 with just cat back Flowmasters is nice. I had that setup on my 95' Cobra and it sounded great.

Wharf Rat

Established Member
Yup these guys are right on. No tune needed and will be loud. On my 95 race car I have shorties, O/R H pipe, and Magnapacks dumped before the axle. It would be intolerable on a street car.

Users who are viewing this thread