94 Cobra Octane requirement

Big Al

Established Member
I just bought a 94 Cobra. Bought it used and it did not come with an owners manual. My buddy has a 98 and it requires premium gas, at least 91 Octane. Does the 94 also require the use of premium gas or does it run on regular.

thanks Al

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
I've always used premium in my '94 Cobra. I did look it up in my owners manual once a long time ago to see if it was actually necessary and I'm pretty sure it was. The 5.0 in the GT is fine on 87 though.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
I ran premium in my old 5.0, and it called for regular. I just do it out of peace of mind...cleaner burn. Last thing I wanna do is get on my car a bit, and listen to what sounds like marbles in my intake...

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
I guess I should have clarified when I said my old 5.0, I was talking about my 90 lx. I didn't have a 5.0 cobra.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I didnt know anybody left these stock lol. Even my DD truck (5.8) has the timing advanced and runs on premium.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Ah I dont blame ya then. How bout some pics

Sent from my DroidX using TapaTalk so don't mind the typos.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
My last 3 cars over the last 8 years of my life (listed below) have all required premium. So I don't even think twice about it anymore. Even if I get a Cobra that didn't require it, I'd use premium for the peace of mind alone.

Users who are viewing this thread