94-98 solid 8.8 swap??

shagn03

Established Member
Is it an easy swap, or are there any major mods required????

I have heard that the 94-98 rear ends are 1.5" narrower. Would this allow me to use a wider rear wheel/tire combo??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shagn03

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
shagn03 said:
Is it an easy swap, or are there any major mods required????
I have heard that the 94-98 rear ends are 1.5" narrower. Would this allow me to use a wider rear wheel/tire combo??
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shagn03

so i have heard...but the exhaust runs the same on all mustangs and i have 335 tires which are about 1/2" from the exhaust...dont see how u could go much wider...

you will also have ot buy parts for a 94-98 setup with anything to do with the axle...and the offset for rims will be different.

id stick with a 99+ axle...how wide do you need? 335 is the biggest u can go in a tire i believe....

shagn03

Established Member
I would just like to go with a 19 x 13 rear wheel so I could run the new 345 viper tire.

It would be just for looks I guess.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
shagn03 said:
I would just like to go with a 19 x 13 rear wheel so I could run the new 345 viper tire.

i dont think it would work unless u tweaked the exhaust a bit. all GT, Mach 1 and Solid axle ocbra exhausts run the same...up over the axle (inless u do side exit) and my 335's are MAYBE 1/2" from rubbing. the offset is perfect too the tires sit just under the top of the wheelwell....maybe stick out a bit tooooo much for some. so id say i have as much room as u can get. i can take pics if u want tomorrow. i already have outside pics somewher eon here....

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
shagn03 said:

Better break out the plasma cutters and welders. Time for mini tubs! :D

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
Better break out the plasma cutters and welders. Time for mini tubs! :D

i agree....

how "wide" are those new 345's? my michelin pilots are HUGE...more than 12"...that is PLENTY man

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
I have a 96 solid, lots of little bs parts you owuldnt normally need but it looks better when you have a wider tire under there. my stock rims fit fine and so does 15x10 draglites. I would recommend getting longer hardened wheel studs and prob dumping the exhaust, you may have to roll the fender a little bit too

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
JaketheSnake said:
but it looks better when you have a wider tire under there.

how so when there is only os much room anyways? u have pics to compare?

Users who are viewing this thread