94/95 Fuel Pump killswitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
As some of you will notice, cars are being stolen and what not. So I took 30 minutes of my time to make a killswitch for the fuel pump so I can turn it on and off whenever I want.

1) Look at the inertia switch, driver side in the trunk. It is in the corner behind the trunk panel. Find the connection that goes to the inertia switch. It will be a brown wire, and a green wire/ w yellow stripe. The green wire/ w yellow stripe is the wire we will be tapping into

2) Now that you've seen the wire your splicing into, time to move to the interior. Pop of the driver side door sill. I removed the driver side seat for more room, and to vacuum while it's out. You may need to take the bolt holding the driver side seat belt that hold it to the floorboard.

3) Peel away the carpet to expose the hunk of wires. Take some of the electrical tape off. There should be around 15-20 wires. Don't be intimidated, find that same green/ w yellow stripe wire you saw earlier. DO NOT SPLICE INTO THE OLIVE/ WITH YELLOW STRIPE. This is the wire you need....

4) Now use a wire cutter and cut it, it is either 16 or 18 gauge wire. It looked like 18, but was to 'hard', but wasn't big enough to be 16. Anyways 16 or 18 gauge wire will work. Now get your your butt connectors or solder, and connect a piece of wire to both ends, extending each end about 3 feet (or desired length)

5) Hook up both ends of the wire to a switch, I used a 25A switch from radio shack, it was 3 bucks. It doesn't matter what end goes where, but it will matter which way the switch will be on or off.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...032058.2032230.2032278&pg=2&parentPage=family

6) Find a suitable location for the hidden switch, I would tell you where I put mine, but I would have to kill you! Now put your car back together. See that wasn't that hard.

Cliffnotes:

Just splice into the GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPE wire, extend both sides of the wire. Then connect the extensions of the wire to a switch. Then hide all the wiring, then your done.

Hope this helps, for you 4.6 guys. I'm sure it's the same exact steps, except for the wire will be different. I want to say its a brown with pink stripe, and I'm not sure about the other one. So you 4.6 guys, research before you splice any wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread