94/95 Cobra rear sway bar

95snake03

Established Member
Can someone please measure the size of their 94/95 Cobra rear sway bar? My 95 Cobra convertible broke the rear sway bar and im searching for a replacement. I measured it with a digital micrometer several times at different spots along the bar. It measures at 27mm every time. This is the factory rear sway bar. I know because the car was purchased new by my father and has never been modified at all.

Latemodel Restoration is trying to tell me that all 95 Cobras came with a 25mm rear sway bar and suggesting that either im not measuring the bar right or that it was upgraded at some point. This is simply not true. I need to find where to buy a 27mm rear sway bar.

I would go with the 25mm, but I just cant bring myself to do it. I must have a 27mm bar on this car. Can someone verify that I am not an idiot, and that these cars came from the factory with 27mm rear sway bars?

Thanks

DSGTURBOSVO

Established Member
I'm original owner of my 94 Cobra and I replaced the sway bar twice with OEM and mine measures 27mm. hope that helps you out.

95snake03

Established Member
yes that helps out alot. thanks. where did you find your replacements from? the dealer? i dont think they offer them anymore though..

Users who are viewing this thread