94/95 cobra 3rd brake light

llDemonll

Established Member
Does anyone know what the light bulb codes are for the third light (in the wing). I'm assuming you can individually replace them. I looked online and the only thing I could find regarding the subject were replacement light bars and trunk lights for 96-98.

And info appreciated =)

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
its one sealed unit. replacment only. if you can take yours out and see if it comes apart... maybe we can shed light on it. but, ford doesnt make them anymore, or anyone.... so we are screwed

epracmetcon

Established Member
From everything I read when I still had mine you could not change them. Even with everything apart it was still pretty impossible to get them out. They are melted together.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I spent weeks, and many, many phone calls trying to find one - they aren't there.

There was one owner (2 or 3 years ago) that took his apart and replaced some of the LEDs, and claimed it worked. But, the unit is sealed, and there are about 23 LEDs inside. Believe me, I tried very hard to find another one.

spoiler2.jpg

spoiler3.jpg

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Can't remember, about the GT ... I don't think they have the spoiler light.

Kind of an odd thing - shortly after I bought my '95, the center LED quit working. That's when I spent a lifetime trying to find a new light assembly. You'd think that at some Ford dealership, there would be one laying in the parts bin, covered in dust. But, I came up with a zero. I even called many, many junk yards and came up with nothing. Well, back to the story - after abut 1 1/2 - 2 years, while I was letting a prospective buyer test drive it, I told him about the burned out LED in the spoiler. He said, "they were all working when you backed out of the garage." I had him hit the brakes while I looked at it, and sure enough, all the spoiler LEDs were working! Surprised me ... it came back to life.:shrug:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
FWIW ... during my search, a couple of dealerships did have a new spoiler assembly. Kind of expensive, though. I had already told myself that if enough LEDs quit working, and were not evenly spaced, to look acceptable, I was going to unplug the light, and just leave it installed!

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
oh snap... i must know. lol... that way i can have one in waiting if mine does go out.

Haven't had any luck finding the thread with search. I've tried every word possible and no luck. But I am so positively certain that someone posted a link to a replacement lamp for those wings. Have any of you guys tried contacting abcexclusive.com and asking to see if they'd be willing to sell the light bar it's self? Might be worth a shot......

EDIT:
Oh snap......I just noticed the lamp desing is different from stock..........back to square one.

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Time to get a 96+ trunk lid and a kaenan saleen spoiler. That's what I wanna do :)

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
No I couldn't get my hands on a vid camera... Sorry bout that it does sound great though. My brother took his camera back to Penn State.

Here's a pic I did get with my camera, doesn't show much though. The tips alone make it worth it. Nice and shiny very noticeable from the rear:

dsc0161hy5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread