94-95 CAI suggestions

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
Hello
I just purchased a 95 Cobra and wanted to know what CAI if any the 5.0 Cobra owners were running? They seem to be popular on the 4.6s but how well do they work on the 5.0s?
I still have the stock set up and silencer on my car and was thinking about just removing the silencer and installing a K&N

Thanks
Laurence

P.S.
The search function hasn't been working lately or i would have checked there first.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Doesnt really matter on a 5.0, I speak from experience. Youd be smart to go with a k&n filter and a removed silencer. To be honest I think the only reason they are so popular for the 4.6(03/04 cobra exception) is because there isnt as much stuff u can do with it.

helluvasnake

Established Member
We put a C&L Mass Air System (for like $299) on our GT which we could feel the power difference. But if you arent wanting to spend that much money I would buy a Mac CAI they are only $169.50, from Mac. We have a Mac on our 94 cobra and looks and performs great! Hope this helps!

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Ive heard a lot of mixed things about C&L. Ive had the MAC CAI, didnt really seem to add much power, but looked good. I now have the Anderson N/A Power pipe, which i think is more performance oriented. But didnt quite have as good of fitment as the MAC. I would go with the anderson but you have to buy a matching MAF Meter to go with it.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by helluvasnake
We put a C&L Mass Air System (for like $299) on our GT which we could feel the power difference. But if you arent wanting to spend that much money I would buy a Mac CAI they are only $169.50, from Mac. We have a Mac on our 94 cobra and looks and performs great! Hope this helps!

Im assuming that setup comes with a new mass air meter. If so Id say the power difference u felt was from the new meter. Useally they trick the computer to make it think less air is coming into the engine then in actuality. This has the effect of leaning out the mixture, which we know gives u a few extra hp.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
For my 95 Cobra i purchased a densecharger CAI and i can tell you that i could really feel the SOTP difference once i installed it. You can feel the difference from about 3k to about 5.2k. The CAI also makes a cool sucking sound at WOT. The kit is less than $100 and can be found at www.densecharger.com. The kit can also be made for less than half that price with regular PVC plumbing. You can also find a brand new one for sale HERE

Another good addition are underdrive pulleys. For the 94/95 Cobras, these two mods really make a big difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread