93R new Shoes needed, Recommendations please??

drkhrse

Established Member
Hi guys, I've only got 2 more days of school before I'm finished with my engineering degree, I gradate this Saturday (May 17th). Needless to say the 93R needs to get out of the garage and have some fun, and soon!!

I know you have talked about tires many times. I need to get some tires for the stock 93R wheels. What I’m looking for is a good set of street tires that I can autocross with. I have one kind in mind but wanted your expert opinions. Let me be clear I already have a dedicated set of wheels/tires for open track, I need some good sticky streets now.

Possible choices so far

- Falken Azenis RT-615
- Kumho Ecsta MX
- Toyo Proxes R1R
- Toyo Proxes RA-1

So let’s hear the good, the bad and the ones I may like.

Size 255/40 R17

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I have a set of the MX.... and they are a soft tire that hooks well.

svt2205

Established Member
I remember reading on the SVTOA-Boston email list that the MX's are on national back order or being replaced with something new.

What engineering degree are you recieving?

drkhrse

Established Member
I remember reading on the SVTOA-Boston email list that the MX's are on national back order or being replaced with something new.

What engineering degree are you recieving?

I have MX's on my Teal Cobra, they work well. I'll be ordering the 615's soon, I've yet to hear a bad thing about them

Mechanical Engineering :banana:

svt2205

Established Member
There's a bunch of guys locally that swear by the 615's. I don't think you can go wrong there.

Mechanical, cool. That should help open some doors. Did for me.

drkhrse

Established Member
I ordered 615's yesterday. I can't wait to actually drive this car, I only put ~200 miles on it last summer around town. Finishing up my degree has been a major time eater the last couple years, now it's time to enjoy. I got a ME job at HP a couple months back, so far so good!!

Users who are viewing this thread