93R diecast by GMP

1993R

Established Member
I have a meeting tonight with GMP. They make some really cool diecast cars and are based in Winder. They want to examine my car in detail for a 93R diecast they are going to produce and have available in 2006. They kinda of couldn't believe there was a 93R within a few miles of their offices. I guess sometimes I really don't appreciate how rare our cars are.

CobraR77

IMSA R Fanatic
Established Member
If you get a chance, can you plant a seed for us IMSA R guys? It would be great if one of these diecast companies would make a set of the IMSA Cobra R’s like they have done for the early GT350’s and Trans Am cars. Good luck with the meeting.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
FINALLY! I have been waiting for them to make one. This must mean that they are producing a 93 Cobra as well. 06 is a long way off!!

The 95's are probably right around the corner as soon as they come out with an SN-95 based body.

How did they contact you?

1993R

Established Member
Contact was made via Bob Lyons and then forwared to me. I showed one of the product development people all of the pictures of your cars that I have saved over the years(93R,95R,00R). Including the 95R ISMA cars. He liked the pictures of Mark's car running at NASA as well. Will meet more with them after a brief vacation in Fla.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Let them know we will all be buying quite a few of them!!!

If the price of the 93 Cobra models are any indication I would guess that the 1:18 scale 93 Cobra and Cobra R's will be sellouts!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraR77
If you get a chance, can you plant a seed for us IMSA R guys? It would be great if one of these diecast companies would make a set of the IMSA Cobra R’s like they have done for the early GT350’s and Trans Am cars. Good luck with the meeting.
:thumbsup: I checked out their website, very nice stuff! I had never heard of them or seen their items before....they have alot of hard to find cars....tell them they gained a few new customers because of your posting on the forums :)

Users who are viewing this thread