93 with 10% ethanol our 93 no ethanol

CBelleperche

Established Member
Actually the 10% ethanol would be better. It would slight increase your octane while at the same time slightly reducing your intake temps. The ethanol has a cooling effect.

cobra21987

Established Member
yea thats what i was thinking i just wonder if its like 91 octane and then they add the 10 percent of ethanol to make it 93 our something

GodStang

Established Member
Most people I know with built cars if they run 93 octane plus ~E10 their car runs like donkey turds and pings all over the place. They switch to pure 93 octane it smooths right out. My old truck had this issue also but it was just a stock inline 6. If I ran anything with ethonal in it the truck would crap on itself. Switch to straight 87 and it ran like a champ.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Most people I know with built cars if they run 93 octane plus ~E10 their car runs like donkey turds and pings all over the place. They switch to pure 93 octane it smooths right out. My old truck had this issue also but it was just a stock inline 6. If I ran anything with ethonal in it the truck would crap on itself. Switch to straight 87 and it ran like a champ.

Why would straight 93 run better than e10 when e85 runs better than straight 93? So 10% ethanol is bad but 85% is good? That makes no sense. Maybe with old carb stuff. I have always had the least amount of knock with e10 when compared to straight 93.

Users who are viewing this thread