93 SC thunderbird wont start

Richter888

Established Member
Ok first off this car has been sitting for like 2 years now since my buddy even last looked at it and he rebuilt the stupid thing. The trigger wheel on the back of the balancer was damage upon removal or installation(not sure which). Can I just use a balancer from any pre-94 3.8 or does it HAVE to come from a super coupe? I just need a straight forward answer. I cant remember if that car has a two pulley crank damper. Just curious. I want my friend to get his car fixed before he heads over to the middle east later this year. Just trying to be a good friend. I'm over here enjoying the desert sun right now and was just gonna have the parts sent to his house and get my other friend to go put it on. Let me know and thanks.

Blown38

Established Member
Needs to be from a 89-93 SC. The SC motors are internally balnced. The na motors are external balance by the balancer. Best bet is to get a BHJ for it. They are expensive but a used balncer is a crap shoot. They start to come apart. 94-95 SCs have a different spacing so they won't work. The pulley is a double one but the pulley is removable and the holes only line up one way so you get the proper timing pointer location.

Hope this helps and not to late.

Richter888

Established Member
Thank you VERY much. I havent bought it yet because I didn't want to waste the money till I was sure. He doesn't leave until Sept, so I still got time. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Users who are viewing this thread