93 replica wheels, I searched!

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
I know this is probably beating a dead horse, but ill ask anyway. I purchased a Black 93 cobra theft recovery,

The car had aftermarket wheels on it and when I purchased it, it came with 93 cobra replicas 17x8.5 with 245/45/17 all around. The previous owner swapped the axles and used the northcoast brackets for the rears. However the fronts rub bad. the drivers side is practically hitting, The front brakes were upgraded and the previous owner told me it has "GT rotors", SVO Calipers SS lines etc. the car also has a tubular k-member and Eibach Prokit with Tokikio 5 way adjustables, the car sits low, very low. Now my question is what would you suggest I try first? changing out the front springs? I have some intrax's laying around, or is my wheels sticking out too much, keeping in mind it needs an alignment but from previous expeirence something else is definitly wrong. I will throw up a pic of how it's tucking. any help would be great!. Thanks

-Robert

here's a shot dont mind the hideous pipes and missing bumpers/spoiler they are getting paint they had scratches

20aa2it.jpg

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
First, you need to verify whether you do indeed have GT rotors on the front. Go to the parts store and have them pull a replacement gt rotor. Measure the hat from the rotor face to the lug face and see how tall it is. Then, pull a rim off your car and measure that hat. They should be the same dimension.

Looking at your picture, it looks like they stick out kinda far, so I'm guessing they still have the Cobra rotors on the front. There are many running those replica rims on GT's with that size tire and no clearance issues.

The other problem is your car is lowered quite a bit. If you find that you do indeed have the correct rotors, then your car needs to be raised up some to compensate. Or perhaps rolling your fender lips would help as well...

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I agree with 2771. Looks extremely low. That GT rotor/SVO caliper thing sounds like the fox upgrade to LSC rotors/ calipers for a five lug conversion type of thing (I've done that before). I, as well, would raise the car a bit. Mine was purchased with sn95 upgrades and had the option of coilovers for fine tuning (not necessary-but I recommend it). Thats a great looking project. Looks more complete than some I've seen.

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I just want to know what he paid for it !

I paid 4, it's running now and on the road I should be driving it next week as long as the bumpers/spoiler are done, and I figure out this rubbing issue

Users who are viewing this thread