93 R values.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Would a true race history 93 R not be worth more than a wrapper car? I mean you see wrappers or low mile ones for sale all the time (well not all the time but you know what I mean) I would think that an actual car that was raced with a real team would fetch more money, because it would be more rare? Also how many 93's were really raced?

Philcsag1

Established Member
Value is in the eye of the beholder.

To one enthusiast the wrapper car is of more value to him or her

To another a car with Race Linage is of more value.

Neither enthusiast is wrong.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Would a true race history 93 R not be worth more than a wrapper car? I mean you see wrappers or low mile ones for sale all the time (well not all the time but you know what I mean) I would think that an actual car that was raced with a real team would fetch more money, because it would be more rare? Also how many 93's were really raced?

The key, I would think would be what you mentioned above "race with a real team". How many R-Models, of any of the 3 years, have been raced by recognized teams, big names, sponsors, media coverage, etc. A couple of Steeda's in 1993 and 1995, Hacker Express? I am not sure what else would be considered "race team" cars? I would assume that these cars would fetch more $$$ for sure. Maybe the John Bowe 00R in Austrailia? It had big sponsors, Bud and Snap-on etc. I would guess that it had large following down under including media coverage? He is a well know race car driver in that part of the world, big team, die cast cars, posters, etc.

I would guess that an R-car that meets the criteria above would be of a significant value difference from an R-Model that is raced by.....lets say "me" (Joe lunchbox), an enthusiast, a person who has a personal race ambition and does it for the fun, enjoyment and/or hobby, maybe even a small team?........................

I would also guess that the high demand for "new/virgin/original/unmolested" in the collector car market could easily place the wrapper cars somewhere in the middle of paragraph 1 and 2 above?

R

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
It really depends who's buying the car and what their intended use is of the vehicle. If the person wants to vintage race then an R that has really been raced is worth quite a bit to them vs. someone who is looking for more of a show or museum piece. As Robert stated the race history also plays into the value of the car as well.

I believe the wrapper cars will command higher prices until the cars become popular in vintage racing and then the race cars will start to climb up to wrapper car pricing. Will they ever surpass them..... who knows.......

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It really depends who's buying the car and what their intended use is of the vehicle. If the person wants to vintage race then an R that has really been raced is worth quite a bit to them vs. someone who is looking for more of a show or museum piece. As Robert stated the race history also plays into the value of the car as well.

I believe the wrapper cars will command higher prices until the cars become popular in vintage racing and then the race cars will start to climb up to wrapper car pricing. Will they ever surpass them..... who knows.......

I failed to mention the Zippo 95R...... It is also one of the high media coverage Cobra R's that will stand tall in the future "raced R" pricing.

R

Users who are viewing this thread