93 oem wheels on 89gt

mu5tang0

Banned
hey guys i just got my 89gt back from paint which i put a cervini cobra kit and painted it white i was going to go 5 lug but i got a great deal on some mint 93 cobra wheels and tires. My question what do i do to space them out they sit too far in because of the offset can i just you wheel spacers? if so where do i get them...anyone eles have this problem

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
IMO, sell the originals and buy some reproductions b/c the originals are, well, originals that some cobra owner is probably looking for and the paint will inevitably start to flake with time. The reproductions will bolt right up to your car w/ no need for spacers and you have your choice of colors, polished, or chrome. However, if you must go w/ spacers then I would check out some MM for some hubcentrics. I cannot remember if the original Cobra wheels are hubcentric or not; however, if they are not hubcentric wheels then I would strongly suggest not running spacer or if you do then upgrade to some ARP studs.

Last edited:

fivestangs

Established Member
On the front, yes, all you need is cobra rotors. I can't speak for what spacers are required out back. I just suggested the cobra rotors because it *may* be cheaper and probably safer to do it that way.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
mu5tang0 said:
so where do i get the spacers for the rear? If i bolt the cobra rotors up i take it everything eles is the same from the cobra?
Maximum Motorsports & ARP studs

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
sell the wheels , buy the reproduction wheels , they are made for gt and lx cars . I have seen them go as low as 300

Users who are viewing this thread