93 mustang gt accelerator problem

Klay

Established Member
Quick question, for some reason when I go to push my gas pedal it sticks a bit at first. I cleaned up some carbon buildup in the throttle body but what else could be causing it to stick when I initially push it?

Klay

Established Member
Ya, when it was cleaned it seem to open ok. It's weird because it won't do it in reverse and sometimes won't do it at all. I tried spraying some wd-40 to see if maybe it just needed some lubricant. One of my neighbors said something could be stuck next to the cable that runs from the pedal to the throttle body but how likely is that?

INTRCPTR

Established Member
had a grand marquis wagon that had the accelerator getting stuck down. i think the cable was getting caught up on itself. i didnt want to buy a new one so just lubed the cable and worked the pedal a bunch to free it up. (when the cars off!) but for all I know you might have a totally different situation

Klay

Established Member
INTRCPTR said:
had a grand marquis wagon that had the accelerator getting stuck down. i think the cable was getting caught up on itself. i didnt want to buy a new one so just lubed the cable and worked the pedal a bunch to free it up. (when the cars off!) but for all I know you might have a totally different situation

Hmm I'll have to try that out. That sounds like it could be it thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread