93 lx with 03 cobra wheels CENTER CAP TROUBLE!!!

jhold87

I have 1993 lx with 5 lug conversion and I have 03 svt wheels. center caps will fit on rear, but not on front is there any other way to get center caps on front besides changing spindles? Do they make aftermarket center caps to fit 87-93 if so who would have them? thanks for all your help.
Jared

Last edited:

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
A buddy of mine has the same problem, the spindle is too long for the center caps. Just going to have to cut them down a bit. I'm doing a 5 lug conversion on my '89 in a few days and I'm putting on '95 R wheels. I'm afraid I'll have the same issue.

The center caps are a different size on the '95 R wheels, they're a little bit smaller than the SVT wheels, the BULLITT, and the Vintage wheels (mach 1). I put chrome '95 R wheels on my pace car and I think I got Cobra centers from AFS. Here's a link to the R wheels there: AFS Wheels There's some centers on eBay from AFS, but I think they may be the SVT size: Set of four AFS Wheels Mustang Cobra R Center Caps SVT : eBay Motors (item 120478115861 end time Jun-04-10 16:30:38 PDT)

Edit: I read the eBay posting for the AFS centers, they are for the '95 R wheels, 2.25" size. The SVT, BULLITT, Vintage, etc. wheels use a 2.375" center.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread