93 crown vic dohc swap?

Ryan427

Established Member
A guy I work with just got a 93 crown victoria from is grandma. He is selling the motor and trans. Well my 00 gt 2v spun a rod bearing and so the question I want to know is: 1. Will that motor directly bolt into my car? 2. Did those come 4v or does he not know what he is talking about? 3. Will it mount up to my t-45? 4. Will I need any of the wiring to make it run? Thanks ahead of time

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Unless swapped thats a sohc engine. Only some lincolns had de dohc version

Ryan427

Established Member
I go to see the motor sunday, if it is a 4v front a town car will it work? I have read that motor was used from 93-98 in the mark viii

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Pretty sure cobras and mark viii were the only dohc cars. But they call them modular motors for a reason. Blocks heads bell housings interchange.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Pretty sure cobras and mark viii were the only dohc cars. But they call them modular motors for a reason. Blocks heads bell housings interchange.

You also had the Continental but it used a different block because of being FWD instead of RWD, so the motor mounts are totally different hence the difference in block types.

The only DOHC panther platform made by Ford (Crown Vic, Grand Marq., and Towncar) is the 2003,04 Marauder

Last edited:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
You also had the Continental but it used a different block because of being FWD instead of RWD, so the motor mounts are totally different hence the different block types.

The only DOHC panther platform made by Ford (Crown Vic, Grand Marq., and Towncar) is the 2003,04 Marauder

Didn't realiZe they were 4v cars. My bad with the Info.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Unless its a good deal id pass OP NON PI headed 2V if its high on the miles I gurantee the valve seals are worn you will have to add oil as well as the intake is aluminum and with your two valve being PI you would have to swap your heads to this motor to get your intake to work.

Ryan427

Established Member
He is asking $500 for the engine and transmission. If it won't bolt in without major problems and changing a bunch of stuff then I'll pass.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Ryan427

Established Member
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask, why do I have to use my intake and not the one one the motor?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This may be a dumb question but I have to ask, why do I have to use my intake and not the one one the motor?

Not only are NPI intakes really shitty, but the aluminum intake manifold on the 92-95 2v NPI panthers are really REALLY shitty. If you did a head/intake swap using the PI parts off your engine I believe it would bump the compression to something around 9.8:1. I know for a fact it will cause a compression bump but my memory is a little hazy on the exact number.

If the engine is lower miles and runs good, you could buy it, strip it to the short block, put your mustang heads/intake/timing cover and all that stuff on the vic engine, swap it into your car and carry on. But as far as being a direct drop in and go, its not exactly there.

Lightning Lad

Established Member
If it was a dohc out of a lincoln it's aluminum,I don't think lincoln ever made dohc's out of anything but aluminum.But as the above posters said,the only way for it to be a 4 valve is if someone swapped it in.

Users who are viewing this thread