93 Cobras with cruise control???

01SVT2894

Established Member
do they exist?

i've noticed from some pics here that the steering wheels don't have cc buttons... i can't tell on my car because i bought it with an aftermarket wheel.

red95gts

Established Member
I've read that it was for weight savings, but that seems kind of ridiculous. A full-blown cruise setup simply doesn't weigh that much...

stangbear427

Established Member
Unless it was installed at the dealer, like mine. Or are you saying that mine isn't a true Cobra because they did? If so, my VIN begs to differ.

robertlyons

Established Member
The only 93 CObras with cruise control were dealer installed. The official reason for no cruise control was an enthuast's car, like the SVO Mustang before it, didn't need no stinkin' cruise control. Also, I spoke with an engineer at SVT back when they were allowed to talk to me, and the wee bit o' weight savings wasn't bad either. Remember, the console pad was deleted on the 90 Mustang up to the last month or so of production due to weight (and cost) savings.

cobrabc1993

Established Member
Cruise

No the 93s did not come with factory cruise, (although it mite have been a nice option) , My teal, and then my red 93cobra both came with the dealer installed cruise contol system, which actually worked rather good, almost better than the factory systems(used on regular mustangs). The control knob, looks like a tilt hanldle with a button and switch on it that mounts below the turnsignal switch, into the steering collar bezel...

stangbear427

Established Member
Mine is identical to the factory system in my '91 GT. Why would a Ford dealer put in an after market system? That makes no sense to me.

01SVT2894

Established Member
i'm wondering if mine has the dealer installed option... wont know till later this week when i pick it up.

i installed a factory CC kit in my 2004 V6... it was really simple... wondering if it can be done to the Cobra as well. i'm sure the car is wired for it... right ?

Users who are viewing this thread