93 cobra

SLVRGT

Established Member
the wiper arms on my cobra are kinda faded.. should i paint them or buy new ones..
whats involved in painting them. and how do u take them off.. thanks alot

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
Just wax them as long as there is some paint left on them. WTF you don't know how to take them off and you have owned all those other Mustangs in your sig? Your joking right?

SLVRGT

Established Member
haha i dont know.. i didnt really look into it man.. i just thought it was a good idea to ask along with my other question.. take it easy.. i dont know if waxing will work u can see bare metal in some spots..

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
haha i dont know.. i didnt really look into it man.. i just thought it was a good idea to ask along with my other question.. take it easy.. i dont know if waxing will work u can see bare metal in some spots..

ok then dont wax , just take off wipers pull off old wiper blades lightly sand alittle unless there rust then sand alot , primer then paint with some semi-gloss paint , or just go to 50resto.com and buy some new ones.

buddha93

Established Member
Yep, just pull them and give a rattle can special. They will turn out better than the factory did.

01SVT_TruBLu

Easy to take apart....you'll slap yourself after for asking the question lol

Be sure to pop the wiper blades off. I did this last month with my neighbors 88.

Order SEM Black Satin finish paint and primer. As mentioned above, sand them down a bit or if you know anyone with a sand blast booth, do that.

Let them dry in the sun and over night, then pop them back on. you' love them...or you can spend the money and go through 5.0 resto for a new set. If there's nothing wrong with them, I'd repaint them.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Pull the arm so the wiper is about 5" from the windshield. Then take a flathead screw driver and insert it into the little tab on the base of the hinge. This tab will slide out and then allow the entire arm to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread