93 Cobra with H&R Sport Springs

red95gts

Established Member
Someone here was looking for pics of the H&R Sport springs, but I can't seem to find the thread now so I guess I'll make a new one.

Finally got some pictures of the car with the H&R Sport Springs on it. It's definitely lower than stock (approximately 3/4" in the front and 1 5/8" in the rear) and now sits perfectly level at all 4 corners.

Sorry for the crappy pics - forgot to bring a real camera with me and used the cell phone camera instead.

I added H&R Sport springs, new tie-rod ends, MM C-C plates, and got a fresh alignment. It drives real nicely, although the "5" setting on the Tokicos is a bit harsh for street driving. It's definitely lower than it was, but not so low that I've scraping the nose at the end of my driveway. I like the fact that the car sits perfectly level and I didn't have to cut the rear springs like you usually do with FMS springs...

Enjoy!

Before:

IMG_0231_1136x852.jpg

After:

93CobraLowered.jpg

93CobraLowered2.jpg

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Absolutely love your drop. Did you retain the stock isolators for the springs or is it metal on metal? How is the ride like? I am running your same shocks, setting #4 on the front and #3 rear on stock springs. I could handle a little stiffer ride but not much. Im just trying to get an idea for whenever I upgrade my springs and camber plates.

red95gts

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Absolutely love your drop. Did you retain the stock isolators for the springs or is it metal on metal? How is the ride like? I am running your same shocks, setting #4 on the front and #3 rear on stock springs. I could handle a little stiffer ride but not much. Im just trying to get an idea for whenever I upgrade my springs and camber plates.

I retained the stock isolators all the way around. I didn't want to deal with any noise from metal-on-metal contact. The Sport springs are fairly low rate (525-550ish on the front, if I remember right, so the ride is very good.

The Tokicos were originally on "2" and it rode very nicely, but didn't handle very well. I decided to try "5" and just see how rough it was. I was considering dropping down to a 4 in the front and a 3 in the rear for ride quality. I'll have to give it a shot when I get back home next week.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
awesome drop red96gts! I have the same springs and plan on getting the tokicos 5 ways (if my finances allow me to). Whats is your overall review on the drop??? My '93 will be my DD and i would hate it if i nosedive into every slope.

also what are c-c plates? i thought they were aftermarket isos untill you stated that you kept the stock isos but had MM c-c plates. excuse the noob question but i gotta learn somehow

red95gts

Established Member
Thanks guys!

I like the springs a lot. They lower the car, but not so much that I'm scraping the nose on inclines and so on.

C-C plates are "Caster-Camber" plates and they mount on the top of the strut towers. They allow the necessary adjustability to get the alignment correct after the car is lowered.

awesome drop red96gts! I have the same springs and plan on getting the tokicos 5 ways (if my finances allow me to). Whats is your overall review on the drop??? My '93 will be my DD and i would hate it if i nosedive into every slope.

also what are c-c plates? i thought they were aftermarket isos untill you stated that you kept the stock isos but had MM c-c plates. excuse the noob question but i gotta learn somehow

clean93

Established Member
Cars looking good. i was debating on what springs to get whether eibachs or keep my steedas which i havent installed yet. i think i'll go with these H&R's

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
Any rubbinh issues? i was thinking about the h&r super sports but that might be a little to low

Users who are viewing this thread