93 cobra roller? price?

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
what would you say is a fair price for a 93 cobra with no engine or trans.

has everything else, 70ish k miles. near perfect body and interior.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
What color combo? Clean Title or Salvage? Was it a race car with cage etc or just a stock clean car? Ever wrecked or repainted?

IMO Could be worth $3000-$7500 depending on its history or color combo

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
What color combo? Clean Title or Salvage? Was it a race car with cage etc or just a stock clean car? Ever wrecked or repainted?

IMO Could be worth $3000-$7500 depending on its history or color combo

Vibrant red/gray cloth interior. clean title. no cage. just a stock clean car, factory paint

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
Are you selling it or buying it? If you are thinking of selling it could you PM me or post pics? I was thinking of buying a roller this winter.

Thanks

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
The only one I saw on Ebay (roller only) had 106,000 and needed a lot of body work.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Are you selling it or buying it? If you are thinking of selling it could you PM me or post pics? I was thinking of buying a roller this winter.

Thanks

sorry looking to buy.

i found a nice one local to me on craigslist for $6700. i just thought it was a lil to high of a price for a roller w/ 75k on the clock.

i was going to offer my car for the roller plus cash my way but in this economy i doubt anyone has the cash to spend.

if it was 5k i might consider picking it up, but i really need to get rid of my nice DD befor i start another project. plus i have one other project going on as i speak.

kbillan

Established Member
5k seems steep for a roller. Especially in this economy.

It will obviously never be a matching number car- so mileage is kind of moot. I dont think anyone cares if the CHASSIS has 200k miles on it if it is in good shape... Now a motor with 200k on it is different story..

Speedfreek

Established Member
5k seems steep for a roller. Especially in this economy.

It will obviously never be a matching number car- so mileage is kind of moot. I dont think anyone cares if the CHASSIS has 200k miles on it if it is in good shape... Now a motor with 200k on it is different story..

If the car is in the shape the OP says it is it is worth 5k all day long. Even with a non original motor in it it is a 10k car if it is nice. And why would mileage on the chassis not be of any concern? Would you rather have a 70k mile car with a fresh motor or a 200k mile car with a fresh motor? That statement makes no sense.

kbillan

Established Member
i love it when people pipe up their opinions in an argumentative way. YOU HAVE YOUR OPINION-- WHY NOT VOICE IT IN A WAY THAT DOESNT PISS ON OTHERS?

Makes no sense? what difference does it make if the chassis has 70k on it or 200k if it is nice shape? None. Its still going to be a car made from parts- which is worth less than a car with an original motor.

When i think of high mileage, i worry about the engine. NOT the chassis. Quarter panels dont wear out. Rear bumpers dont wear out... Cams, cranks, pistons etc.. do.

Further more- in NYS-- at least... cars over 10 years are automatically titled as mileage exempt... my 105k mile cars new title reads this.

If the chassis is junk, its completely moot anyway.. but if someone has a ROLLER.. with X miles on it.. in the same shape as another ROLLER with Y miles on it... and they are identical... which is worth more? The one with less miles, obviously-- but to what extent? whats it worth? 500.00 less? If you go out at pay 2k more for a ROLLER because the title says it has less miles, but the car is otherwise the same-- your a fool.

this is a pointless argument.

Speedfreek

Established Member
No one was being pissy but you. The only way miles will not matter is if the cars are completeley rebuilt. But we are talking about rollers here that need nothing but a motor and tranny installed. So which would you pay more for? 70k miles or 200k miles? If you say it doesn't matter then you are a FOOL. No body parts don't wear out nor does bumpers, but shocks do, struts do, balljoints do, rear ends do, tie rid ends do, ect, ect. So would I pay 2k more for a 70k mile roller as compared to a 200k mile roller, sure would so I guess I'm a fool. But this fool has bought and sold more of these cars than you. So I probably don't know what I'm talking about.:rolleyes: The only way miles will not matter if they are two completley rebuilt cars new everything. Then miles will not matter.

Last edited:

kbillan

Established Member
Haha. your PROBABLY right..

just because i showed up here in may, doesnt mean i havnt been at this for the better part of 15 years.

blownfox

Established Member
OK just a quick question. which is better for me to spend 5 to 6,000 on a new paint job with cobra ground effects or spend 5,000 on a cobra thats a roller (one that is good condition)?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I agree with SPEEDFREEK..... miles on a chassis still makes a difference in the overall quality of the vehicle. Metal does fatigue and spot welds loosen which in turn causes creeks, rattles, control arm mounting bolts holes to be enlarged etc etc etc. Then start weighing in on interior wear. Even if the seats are spotless clean, plop you arse in the the 70k miler & then the 200k miler and tell me which seat is still supportive & which one feels like you are sitting in a hole. Next jump over to the electrical system... even if neither car has ever been modded, the electronics still wear out & sensors fail with mileage/useage. Next think about the worn out steering rack, sagging coil springs, struts/skocks, control arm bushings, bearings, brake system etc. Then weather stripping, hinge pins, door latches, pwr. window & mirror motors, etc etc etc. Lastly, I dont care how careful you are, a 200k miler is going to have more potential road rash wear that you just can't avoid when driving.

So yeah a 70k mile well cared for roller is worth $2k more than a well cared for 200k mile roller anyday.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I agree with SPEEDFREEK..... miles on a chassis still makes a difference in the overall quality of the vehicle. Metal does fatigue and spot welds loosen which in turn causes creeks, rattles, control arm mounting bolts holes to be enlarged etc etc etc. Then start weighing in on interior wear. Even if the seats are spotless clean, plop you arse in the the 70k miler & then the 200k miler and tell me which seat is still supportive & which one feels like you are sitting in a hole. Next jump over to the electrical system... even if neither car has ever been modded, the electronics still wear out & sensors fail with mileage/useage. Next think about the worn out steering rack, sagging coil springs, struts/skocks, control arm bushings, bearings, brake system etc. Then weather stripping, hinge pins, door latches, pwr. window & mirror motors, etc etc etc. Lastly, I dont care how careful you are, a 200k miler is going to have more potential road rash wear that you just can't avoid when driving.

So yeah a 70k mile well cared for roller is worth $2k more than a well cared for 200k mile roller anyday.

agreed!

kbillan

Established Member
I said identical condition.

Your description is not for apples, and apples.

Your saying worn out struts/springs.. etc.. a 200k mile car, i guess i just assumed stuff like that would have been replaced along the way. And 200k mile might be an exorbitant number.. Im just making the point that if its a roller-- and in good shape.. the mileage is moot. Unless were talking about a low low mile roller.. 70k.. no different than 100k.

When i looked at my car, the clown who was selling it also had another car there- with 45k miles on it. With a different motor. He was asking 17k for it..LMAO!!! wasnt even in that good of shape.

the point is, even if it were a matching number car- it wouldnt be worth 17k.. let alone in the condition it was in. 45k miles means NOTHING once the motor is swapped. TO ME. Who knows where the motor that is in it came from? Who knows what other stories there are?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread