93 Cobra "prototype" emblems

scootro

Established Member
yep i've seen those before on a cobra in the 1992 october issue of mustang monthly

bc18_1_b.gif

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I do know for a fact that the seller did have a couple of the original emblems (which I bought a pair of) but I believe that they would be easy to duplicate and that's what is happening now. The main reason I believe that this is the case is the buy it now price is substantially lower than they have been in the past from this same seller.

Why would you lower the price if you know you could sell it at a higher price? This seller is also know to reproduce stuff and pass it off as original by just saying that they believe it to be original but are not sure. I've seen it first hand with the 93 SVT dealer handbook.

I could easily be wrong though and at that price I don't think it really matters.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I just picked up a set. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but for $12 they can sit next to all my other NOS emblems and look pretty.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Thanks for the pics. You are correct; we did get better emblems. Those are the same cobras on the 98 cobra wheels

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
they make great dash emblems. I removed the pony and put one on there. Looks like it came from the factory. Unfortunately though, during one of my cleaning sessions, I caught a corner of it and bent it. I could never get it flat again so I put the pony back on :(

svt2205

Established Member
So, I'm curious, how does one tell originals from fakes?

I bought a set years back, but figured they must be fakes because this seller is ALWAYS selling them.. Now I'm wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread