93 Cobra Opal Grey Leather Seats on Ebay

asusmilinbob

Established Member
A friend of mine has a beautiful set of 93 Opal grey leather seats on Ebay. They're out of a 1300 mile 93 Cobra. If any of you 93 Cobra owners want a set to put back for later or need a set for a project you won't find any nicer than these. I' would've posted this in the parts for sale section of svtperf. but I figured it would get lost in the "plethora" of parts listed... He lives about 45 minutes outside of Chicago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1300...ewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQitemZ8051449055QQrdZ1

buddha93

Established Member
That is a pretty sweet set of seats. I have'nt seen a set like that in a long time. Any idea what he wants for them?

I actually recovered mine with new leather. It's actually a much better quality than the Ford stuff. Of course it's just a shade off on color, but not noticable unless you have a set of OEM sitting next to them.

PJM99

Established Member
buddha93 said:
That is a pretty sweet set of seats. I have'nt seen a set like that in a long time. Any idea what he wants for them?

I actually recovered mine with new leather. It's actually a much better quality than the Ford stuff. Of course it's just a shade off on color, but not noticable unless you have a set of OEM sitting next to them.

Details on who recovered them? Where you got the materials? How much? Thanks

SVT1993

Established Member
Floor mats, Steering Wheels, & Drivers seats are the things that wear out on cars. No wonder they are fetching high prices. :-D

SVT Fun

Established Member
How does one distinguish between GT, LX leather seats and Cobra leather seats?

buddha93

Established Member
PJM99 said:
Details on who recovered them? Where you got the materials? How much? Thanks

I just did them myself. I bought the new material with a hog ring plier and hog rings from Texas Mustang for $710 to my door. It's was pretty simple considering it was my first time doing it.

The seat covers are just hog-ringed to the seats and can be slide off once you remove the rings. It's just a simple matter of reversing what you did taking them off. I was very careful and took my time. You have to make a few cuts for the seat release and whatnot so you don't want to make a wrong cut. They can send you samples of material so you can make your own color choice.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
SVT Fun said:
How does one distinguish between GT, LX leather seats and Cobra leather seats?

There is none, so posting that they are from a Cobra could be complete B/S but then again they might be from a Cobra.

Keep in mind that they could be fom any of the above and he might be using the word "Cobra" just to get a high dollar for them. Show me a pic of them being removed from the Cobra then I might believe it more.

You can get a complete set of leather seat covers that look as good for about $900 that are brand new.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Almost forgot, they are great looking and they do come with the seat tracks as well does the rears come with the mounting brackets!

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
There is none, so posting that they are from a Cobra could be complete B/S but then again they might be from a Cobra.

Keep in mind that they could be fom any of the above and he might be using the word "Cobra" just to get a high dollar for them. Show me a pic of them being removed from the Cobra then I might believe it more.

You can get a complete set of leather seat covers that look as good for about $900 that are brand new.
I don't think its gonna matter if they came from a low mileage Cobra or from a GT. They are gonna bring top dollar no matter what. I wish I had a set of them sitting in my basement collecting dust and I hope I will here in about 5 days.

People can buy the seat covers for $900 dollars if they want but why not spend the money that these are gonna go for and have the real thing plus a $200 plus seat track that is obsolete from Ford also?

Scott

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
Badboyspack, Here are some of the parts off of that 1300 mile 1993 Mustang. It must have came with a Cobra Intake! Thats cool though, I just wanted everyone to see that its not B/S! The seats are from a real Cobra, its not some sales pitch to fetch a higher dollar!

P3300423.jpg
[/IMG]

P3300424.jpg
[/IMG]

SVT1993

Established Member
SCT93COBRA said:
Here are some of the parts off of that 1300 mile 1993 Mustang. It must have came with a Cobra Intake! Thats cool though, I just wanted everyone to see that its not B/S! The seats are from a real Cobra, its not some sales pitch to fetch a higher dollar!

Let me know if there are other parts for sale. Looks like the car was stripped - rims, shifter, computer, etc. I would be interested in some parts if I know how much. Not that I want to take away from a 1300 mile car - but why not to a Cobra owner if they are going to go anyway! PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread