93 cobra, is this a good price?

MASH

Hey guys, i have been looking for a 93 cobra, and found one with 10,000 miles on it. it has the BBK intake, exhaust and 3.55 gears.
The owner was asking 19K, i got it down to 17K, is that a fair price or is it too high?
Thanks

Jason

I paid 14k for mine with 28k miles on it, if that gives you any kind of idea...The car was a garage queen. What color is it? I think I would have probably paid what ever the guy wanted for the car if it came down to it. I love my car!:thumbsup: If it was me I would snag it...The rubber necking and looks you'll get...will be worth it.:-D

Jason

I bought it last year in Feb...The gentleman I bought it from had to have his wife give me the keys:cryying: I guess he couldn't be there for the traumatic experience. Just think of the Collectors value of the car...just my $.02. Leather or cloth? I live up here in IL. and ebay and other internet car sites..they will run you any where from 14k to 19k depending on mileage.

MASH

24 views and only 1 person replied:rollseyes. Come on guys, help a stang fan out, i need to know if this price is good or not. :rolling:

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
My first venture last december to purchase a 93 sent me from NC all the way to NJ for a 11k mile cobra. Drove all the way up there only to find it had been repainted on the front end and raced heavily (autox) The guy wanted 16 grand for it. I was willing to pay because of the miles, but i couldnt stand the extra paintwork. Bascially that car is worth whatever someone will pay for it!!!I've seen a lot of low mileage cobras for sale for a long period of time when they ask 19 or 20 grand. I finally found mine in Virginia. Black on grey with 25k miles for 15000. Thats a lot of money for a near 10 year old car but to me it was worth it!!!!I recently read in mustang monthly that these cars are continuing to appreciate if in stock form. I am in automotive purchasing so if you email me the VIN number i can do a little insurance research for you and maybe a carfax. Good Luck!!!!

Black93Cobra

Established Member
If you can get the car you want for around 17K, you would be in line with most '93 Cobra's currently out there. Also, keep in mind that they are appreciating in value and their numbers continue to dwindle. I have seen them range from a low of 10K for a high mileage car to as high a 25K for very low mileage (stored) car. I paid $16.5K for my '93 last fall in NC. My Cobra is black with black cloth interior and no sunroof. I probably would have paid more because that was exactly the combination I spend 2.5 years searching for and in the condition I wanted (plus it turned out to be a local car!) KAR Mustang (www.karmustang.com) in Ohio buys and sells alot of Mustangs and seems to specialize in '93 Cobras. They normally ask for $18 - $19.5 for theirs but you are also paying for them to handle the transaction. The bottom line is: is this the car you want and is it worth the price to you personally? As long as the price is within reason, go for it! Just my $.02 worth.:D

Jason

I couldn't have said it better myself...I looked on karmustang myself, but found one in IL. Mash I hope that our .02 helped you in becoming the next owner of an elite class of car. GO FOR IT!:beer:

QuickStangs

Established Member
I paid 10k for mine it had 100k on it that was was 3 years ago. It's in good condition garage queen now I've only put 2k on it since then. I wish I had a low mileage cobra but I am happy with it. Turns alot of heads on the street and at car shows :) I would go for it for 17k with miles that low. I am hearing that these cars are getting more rare by the day.

Performer5Oh

Established Member
I say if you can get it down to 16.5k go for it. Mine is only a GT but I bought it with 42k orignal miles. It now has 46k. It was mint, really mint. I got it for $5,500. I think I got a good deal on it. I had to drive all the way to Louisana to pick it up though.
What color is the Snake your looking at?

Randy

WYSIWYG

Established Member
1993 Price

I purchased a 1993 Cobra with 3,032 miles on it 6 weeks ago for $20k. This vehicle is Vibrant Red Gray Leather. :coolman:

venom93corba

Established Member
mine had 24k miles and was bone stock when I bought it last october, and i paid $15k. Its the best 15k I ever spent.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
Ijust got mine around two days ago (7/24) it has 92*** miles for 8900 and its beautifal, its red with gray leather. I believe it has a aftermarket shifter and flowmasters with a different shift handle, now i have to put the stock rims back on.
mike

Users who are viewing this thread