93 Cobra Hellion T-76 Turbo Upgrade Pics/Vid.

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
Hey Guys, Car previously made 521Rwhp & 591Rwtq! With the past 62mm turbo @14psi with stock cam and short block.

Video In HD Here: http://www.vimeo.com/841119

New T-76 Idle: http://www.vimeo.com/840416

New Combo:
Turbonetics T-76 .96 AR
Trick Flow Heads "Out Of Box" 2.02
Custom Cam
60 Lb Injectors
SCT Tuning By PowerAdder Solutions,Inc.

Dyno Numbers Coming Soon!! Thanks,Enjoy.

1002649da4.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-01-27
1002669iy5.jpg

1002662dw2.jpg

1002549ld2.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-01-26
1002730tj9.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-04-04
1002381kh6.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-11-03
1002371ve1.jpg

Shot with KODAK Z730 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-11-03
img43941cf8.jpg

Shot with Canon EOS 30D at 2007-11-03

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
hey honky, nice upgrade... seems like we're like on point with what we are doing to our cars... i am putting my new hp stage 3 76mm turbo kit on my car and removing the stage 1 kit this weekend... what for exhaust are you running?

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
hey honky, nice upgrade... seems like we're like on point with what we are doing to our cars... i am putting my new hp stage 3 76mm turbo kit on my car and removing the stage 1 kit this weekend... what for exhaust are you running?
Hey Man, whats up! Well I have to go back in the motor after a few test runs:fm: have some valetrain noise Hope I did not bend a pushrod.
I'm running 2 chamber flows right now with the Y-Pipe, very tame and quiet how I likes!:burnout: Are you going to be running after the weekend?

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
what are you using for a MAF set up? Still a blow through set up? I had tons of issues getting mine to work with their MAF sensor kit, so I had to change alot of things around.. I cant vent the BoV to atmosphere lilke the 62mm turbo kit was supposed to do...
Im interested on ur set up..
I have the Hellion 62mm kit with the ceramic ball bearing upgrade on my 93
I dont mean to high jack the thread.. Im just interested to see ur set up

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
what are you using for a MAF set up? Still a blow through set up? I had tons of issues getting mine to work with their MAF sensor kit, so I had to change alot of things around.. I cant vent the BoV to atmosphere lilke the 62mm turbo kit was supposed to do...
Im interested on ur set up..
I have the Hellion 62mm kit with the ceramic ball bearing upgrade on my 93
I dont mean to high jack the thread.. Im just interested to see ur set up
Thanks for the comments guys!:D

It still is setup blow thru with a PMAS Pro tube, I had some issues myself with the c&l meter, I was able to tune most of it out but meter was getting close to peging so I just went with the pro tube.
With this bov you can run it to vent the atmosphere and back into the air intake or both. have not installed it yet, want to make sure everything is going to work as turbosmart claims with it. What did you have to change on the hellion kit? are you still running blow through? your cobra pics look awsome on myspace.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys!:D

It still is setup blow thru with a PMAS Pro tube, I had some issues myself with the c&l meter, I was able to tune most of it out but meter was getting close to peging so I just went with the pro tube.
With this bov you can run it to vent the atmosphere and back into the air intake or both. have not installed it yet, want to make sure everything is going to work as turbosmart claims with it. What did you have to change on the hellion kit? are you still running blow through? your cobra pics look awsome on myspace.

Well I pegged the C&L meter at 4200 rpms... Although my engine is a 331, so Im sure the extra cubes didnt help in the air department. Im currently running a Lightning 90mm unit, but I had to vent the blown off air back into the intake tube after the MAF sensor, so I had to re-route and fabricate alot of tubing just to stuff my intake pipe from the turbo inlet, cause ofcourse the MAF is now a draw through design.
I called PMAS and they said they couldnt make a pro-tube how I wanted it, I would have paid more and I told them I needed it, but apparently they didnt want to hassle with me, so oh well.
The current Lightning meter is also using the MAFia cause I did peg that too.. I could only imagine the problems u might have with the bigger turbo...
So did u stil install the Pro-tube in the same place in the turbo kit? How big is the tube in diameter on the MAF? I would definately like to set mine back up so it vents into atmesphere again, I just love the blown off air sound! It gets alot of attention, lol

Last edited:

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
Well I pegged the C&L meter at 4200 rpms... Although my engine is a 331, so Im sure the extra cubes didnt help in the air department. Im currently running a Lightning 90mm unit, but I had to vent the blown off air back into the intake tube after the MAF sensor, so I had to re-route and fabricate alot of tubing just to stuff my intake pipe from the turbo inlet, cause ofcourse the MAF is now a draw through design.
I called PMAS and they said they couldnt make a pro-tube how I wanted it, I would have paid more and I told them I needed it, but apparently they didnt want to hassle with me, so oh well.
The current Lightning meter is also using the MAFia cause I did peg that too.. I could only imagine the problems u might have with the bigger turbo...
So did u stil install the Pro-tube in the same place in the turbo kit? How big is the tube in diameter on the MAF? I would definately like to set mine back up so it vents into atmesphere again, I just love the blown off air sound! It gets alot of attention, lol
Well the only worrie I have with the T-76 is my stock block:-D plan to keep it at or under 550 at the tires so the boost level will be low and when I tune the car going to stick around 11.3-11.5 afr. The pro tube is 3' and is still in the same location as the kit was setup, The trick for driveabilty with a blow through is you want to have a good 6 inches or so with the same size tubing in front of the meter, I have tuned many that tryed to run like a SCT Big Mouth in the same location and due to the size it caused a world of problems, even trying to correct it with the tune. Thats one of the reasons I went with the pro tube, it should be fine for the level of power I plan to make with the 60's shouldn't pegg,Take Care.

1slohawk

Established Member
looks great. good luck with it the 76mm defintly makes a ton of power even on low boost. almost makes me miss my hellion 76mm kit on my cobra. but I'm a blower guy at heart I guess.

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
looks great. good luck with it the 76mm defintly makes a ton of power even on low boost. almost makes me miss my hellion 76mm kit on my cobra. but I'm a blower guy at heart I guess.
thanks man, well me to also! I had a 93 GT H/C/I with a T-Trim awhile back, what a fun street car made over 500Rwhp! If I every build another SC street car combo it will have a T-Trim! I tell alot of my customers to go with a T to start with!

1slohawk

Established Member
thanks man, well me to also! I had a 93 GT H/C/I with a T-Trim awhile back, what a fun street car made over 500Rwhp! If I every build another SC street car combo it will have a T-Trim! I tell alot of my customers to go with a T to start with!

yea the 76mm power was unreal on a 275 nitto with 10-12psi from a highway roll it would just blaze the tires. I just had a few tuning issues and got tired of breaking parts so I went back to a blower some times you have to go with what you know.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
Hey Man, whats up! Well I have to go back in the motor after a few test runs:fm: have some valetrain noise Hope I did not bend a pushrod.
I'm running 2 chamber flows right now with the Y-Pipe, very tame and quiet how I likes!:burnout: Are you going to be running after the weekend?

hey. yeah i got my new turbo stuff on yesterday. Basically i gotta hook up my new 3" dynomax welded power mufflers and 3" flowmaster tail pipes. then get some pipe bent to connect it to my Y-Pipe. I also have a bunch of other things i'm still trying to get hooked up on this car. line lock/gauges/valvecovers/catch can/intake spacer...etc. Hope your valvetrain is alright.. maybe just a loose rocker. I'll be happy as hell to get my flowmasters off my car.. they are crap with turbo. I should be running sometime this week, however I probably won't be running it until after i get all my stuff hooked up so i'm all ready to go... by the way i need to get a hold of you... I need a set of REMFLEX gaskets for my buddy. It's a modular 4.6 out of a 96 cobra... are the gaskets the same as the 99 cobra's would take? he swapped his heads. shoot me a pm if you get this here or on turboforums.

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
hey. yeah i got my new turbo stuff on yesterday. Basically i gotta hook up my new 3" dynomax welded power mufflers and 3" flowmaster tail pipes. then get some pipe bent to connect it to my Y-Pipe. I also have a bunch of other things i'm still trying to get hooked up on this car. line lock/gauges/valvecovers/catch can/intake spacer...etc. Hope your valvetrain is alright.. maybe just a loose rocker. I'll be happy as hell to get my flowmasters off my car.. they are crap with turbo. I should be running sometime this week, however I probably won't be running it until after i get all my stuff hooked up so i'm all ready to go... by the way i need to get a hold of you... I need a set of REMFLEX gaskets for my buddy. It's a modular 4.6 out of a 96 cobra... are the gaskets the same as the 99 cobra's would take? he swapped his heads. shoot me a pm if you get this here or on turboforums.
Sending you a E-Mail to Yahoo,Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread