93 Cobra Brake question

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Are the front brake rotors on the 93 Cobra the same as the GT? I know they are not a direct fit, but can the GT rotors be modified in some way to fit? I need a new set for the front of mine, but I am having trouble finding any Cobra replacement rotors.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The front brake rotors on a Cobra and GT are a direct fit....but not a direct interchange i.e. they will physically bolt right on using the same bearings, same calipers etc. The difference between the two is the Cobra has a thicker "hat" area then the GT/LX. The hat area is were the wheel studs come through the rotor. This area is thicker on a Cobra to compensate for the different wheel offset the cobra uses.

The GT/LX rotors will work if you are in a pinch BUT the front wheels will sit in enough that they rub the inner fender liners and control arms when turning sharp.

You can find '93 Cobra rotors on ebay quite often. Also check with LRS ( www.50resto.com ) or with PPI ( www.performancepartsinc.com ) as they usually have some available.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
If you buy the GT rotors i'll sell you some chrome pony wheels with 245/50/16 "Z" rated tires on them
j/k
but i do have the wheels and tires for sale

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I checked with 50resto and they had them for about $50 each. I thought I would also check with PPI. Theirs were $159 each!!! I wonder what the difference in the price is?

Tank5879

Established Member
I would guess that the PPI ones are OEM ford ones, and 50 resto are aftermarket, such as raybestos, wagner, or bendix...I believe theyare availible at local parts stores, better ones like fisher or napa...can probably get them for you. plus, they usually have more knowledgeable countermen than the cheap places

Users who are viewing this thread