'93 Chevy Blazer for DD

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Alright. So I'm in search of a new daily driver because I'm tired of racking up miles on the Cobra. A friend at work has a '93 Blazer he's selling. It has the Vortec V6 with 124,000 miles on it and a recently rebuilt auto tranny. The body looks pretty straight although the paint and interior are a little rough. He's asking me 2500 for it. Does anyone have any experience with these trucks? Is 124,000 pushing it on one of these motors. I know maintenance will determine engine longevity, but generally speaking are these motors known for their durability? Any help would be great. Thanks.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
imo, you may be getting into a maintanence nightmare. it could run well dor another 100k miles or just 1 mile. do a little research on them and see what the major problems are. 2500 seems a little steep and i try to stay away from business with friends just because it can get ugly when that thing starts to break down. for just a little more you could get into a fox body. still the same work but you will know more of what you are getting into. and plenty of help from guys on this site.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
sgt d said:
imo, you may be getting into a maintanence nightmare. it could run well dor another 100k miles or just 1 mile. do a little research on them and see what the major problems are. 2500 seems a little steep and i try to stay away from business with friends just because it can get ugly when that thing starts to break down. for just a little more you could get into a fox body. still the same work but you will know more of what you are getting into. and plenty of help from guys on this site.

Good point. I've had a fox in mind for awhile, just because I know windsor motors well and they are relatively cheap to work on and maintain. Plus, it's a mustang after all. Thanks for the help man.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
not a problem. keep it in the ford family!!lol!! here is one even better if you are a good mechanic. get a 4 banger and put the work into it. i got a 88 for $400 and it was in good shape. interior was not too bad and the body was straight. now i am looking at a wrecked 92 5.0 for $500. gettingthe picture? nothing but a few weekends of drinking with my buddies and working on the car and then it is done. and the vin# is for the 4 cyl so cheaper insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread